QuickBooks is a popular accounting tool, especially among small to mid-sized businesses. This Intuits product has many amazing features and functions that can alleviate your business accounting headache. Additionally, there are many in-built tools and utilities that resolve the technical issues rolling out every now and then.
One such powerful tool is QuickBooks File Doctor, which is devised to resolve common issues related to the QuickBooks company file. Sometimes, when using the QBFD tool, an error crops up on your screen, and you may not be able to utilize the tool. Reading below will help you with QuickBooks File Doctor is not working problem.
What Is QuickBooks File Doctor? An Overview
QuickBooks File Doctor, as the name itself suggests, is an in-built tool in the program that resolves a damaged company file and some network issues. When you run the tool, it scans the file for possible damages. The scan time varies based on the size of the erroneous company file.
When the scan results are out, you get an idea of how to resolve these issues. The tool is easy to use and doesn’t contain any complexity. Unfortunately, Mac users can’t use the QBFD tool. It is only compatible with QuickBooks Desktop for Windows.
Advantages of Using the File Doctor Tool in QuickBooks
The tool is designed to address the common issues in the QuickBooks company file that stores your crucial financial data. It has multi-faceted benefits to offer as stated in the below-given list:
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can fix the network issues in your firm.
- If you are getting a company file issue from the 6000 error code series, running the tool can help in the error resolution.
- The tool is also effective in dealing with the errors like H101, H202, H303, and H505.
- If you have lost an important file, the tool can help find the files in such a scenario.
- Above all, the tool is also helpful in preventing your important business data from possible damage.
- The File Doctor Tool has the ability to retrieve corrupted data.
- It repairs the damaged company file and eradicates some of the network issues within the company as well.
Different Versions of QBFD Tool
Intuit’s official website enables users to access two different versions of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool as given below:
1: In-Built Version
The in-built version of the File Doctor is accessible in QuickBooks 2016 and later versions of the QuickBooks Desktop application. So, if you want to utilize the in-built version, make sure that your system has any of these versions of the program installed.
2: Stand Alone Version
The stand-alone version of the QBFD tool is only accessible with the servers that are running the QuickBooks Database Server Manager. It is used in hosting a company file or establishing connectivity.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 6123
How to Utilize QBFD Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor can be accessed from QuickBooks Tool Hub. To run it, follow the below-given steps:
- Close QuickBooks before you start the procedure.
- Now go to Intuit’s official website and download the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Once downloaded, save it to an easily accessible location (preferably on Desktop).
- Now, open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the instructions given on your screen to install the tool.
- Agree to the terms and conditions to proceed further.
- Once the installation is finished, double-click the QuickBooks icon from the Desktop to open it.
- Now, from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, select Company File Issues.
- Next, you need to select Run QuickBooks File Doctor, and the tool will open within one minute. If not, you need to open it manually.
- When the tool opens, select the desired company file from the drop-down menu. If you are not able to locate the file, use the Browse and search option to find it.
- Moving ahead, select the middle option, Check your file, and then hit Continue.
- Enter your QuickBooks admin password and then select Next.
Note: Following these steps accurately will make the QuickBooks File Doctor scan for the possible issues in your data file. The time taken in the file scanning may vary based on the size of the file. The test results have dedicated sections describing the issues in detail. The specific areas for a result also include the resources helpful in resolving the issue. Some other possible results you may get are:
QBFD did not find an issue
You’ll have to log back into your company file if the tool can’t discover a problem. If the error persists after you’ve tried everything else, you can use an auto data recovery setup. After that, you will need to enter the transactions manually that have occurred since the last backup.
QBFD finds the issue but cannot fix it
If the program reports that it has detected the issue but is unable to resolve it, the QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery setup is recommended. You will have to manually enter the transactions if you choose this option. This can be done using the most recent backup or a previously uploaded file.
How to eliminate QuickBooks File Doctor not working issue?
If the QBFD tool is not working, you may launch it manually by following the below-given steps:
- Open QuickBooks File Doctor in the first place to start the procedure.
- Now, wait until the next window named No Company Open appears.
- Now go to the Files and choose Utilities.
- Next, click on the Repair File tab and then Network Problems.
Click Ok and then Yes to proceed further.
- After that, you will come across a wrench icon, click Continue.
Now enter the accurate credentials to log in to the file.
- Launch QuickBooks, select Advanced Settings, and then choose file diagnosis only.
- Click Next and open the file when you are prompted to do so.
This post offers comprehensive information on QuickBooks File Doctor. Besides, if you are having trouble running the tool, you may find the steps to launch it manually. If you need more assistance on QBFD, give us a call on our QuickBooks helpline number and talk to our support expert.