QuickBooks users are habitual in facing various errors or issues during their work. Despite being the most popular accounting software having the most advance and useful financial features and tools, the ultimate software is prone to various errors. From the vast array of technical glitches and intricacies, the rare error that users face is QuickBooks error 3371. As it is a critical error that rarely occurs, you must rectify the error quickly as it hampers your work productivity.
Looking for the most suitable Methods to Resolve QuickBooks error 3371? Talk to our Experts @1-855-701-2729 & Know More
If you, too, are experiencing this error and are looking for a guide that will walk through the error, then do stick to this blog. Here, we will discuss the critical error, its causes, its symptoms, and the most effective solutions to rectify the error. So, make sure that you sail through the complete piece of content.
Brief Overview of QuickBooks Error 3371
The error simply indicates that the application could not initialize the license properties at this point in time. Most users face this critical error at the time when they try to re-configure the desktop or try to set up the company files for the first time. The damaged or corrupted company files also create the scenario to initiate the error. Also, the missing entitlementDataStore.ECML file results in the error as this file is essential to run the application. It contains all the license properties.
When the error occurs in the desktop version, the users receive the error message stating, “Unable to initialize the license properties. Either some of the files got damaged or missed”. However, different users receive various error codes with the same error description on their screens. The various error codes which the users encounter are Error code 3371, or error code 3371, status code 11118, or status code -1.
Most Prominent Reasons Behind the Occurrence of Error 3371 QuickBooks
There are numerous reasons that trigger the error in QuickBooks. Here, we have mentioned some of the most prominent causes. There can be one or more than one reason behind the error.
- If the file containing the license information gets damaged or corrupted, then it will certainly lead to this critical error.
- Some of the essential components of QuickBooks got damaged or corrupted.
- In case the QBregistartion.dat file goes missing. As this software searches for this particular file, it gets active.
- Suppose the essential MSXML components got damaged. This component is essential to retrieve the information in the QBregistartion.dat file.
- You are using outdated windows.
- The Antivirus program or the firewall settings creates a conflict with the application.
- In case the user is importing the. QBO file before saving the company file.
- There is a missing connection, or you lose the connection to QuickBooks data files.
Signs and Symptoms to Identify error code 3371
In case you have encountered the error and want to confirm whether it is a 3371 error QuickBooks, then do read the below-mentioned symptoms to identify the error:
- You can not use some tools or features in QuickBooks.
- There is a sudden crash of the Window despite having the latest version.
- The application shutdowns and opens on its own.
- The system freezes, or in some cases, the application stops working.
Effective Solutions to Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
The critical license error can be mended easily with the help of reliable troubleshooting methods. Here, in this blog, we have depicted the test and verified error resolution methods. You can pick the most suitable one depending on the cause of your problem:
The various error resolution methods to rectify the error are:
Method 1: Delete the ECML file
Follow the below-mentioned steps to delete the ECML file:
- Press the Window + R keys together at the same time to open the run box.
- Type the C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8 path in the search bar and press the enter key.
- The window explorer window will appear. Find the ecml file in the Window and delete it.
- Once the file is deleted, re-run your software to check whether the error is resolved or not.
- You may need to register the product again if asked.
Method 2: Rename the entitlement file
You can rectify the error by renaming the entitlement file. Just go with the below-mentioned steps to rename the file in the Windows XP.
- Open the run box of the system by pressing the Window + R keys together.
- Type the Entitlement DataStore.ecml file. The file is available in Documents and Settings. After that go to AllUsersApplication DataIntuitEntitlemeny Clientv2 path and press the enter key.
- Now, rename the Entitlementdatastore.ecml file.
If case you are using Windows 7,8, then do follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Again open the search box and search for the C: ProgramDataIntuitEntitlement Clientv*.
- Rename the entitlement file.
- Open QuickBooks and unhide the program data folder. You can do the same by Computer > Select Organize > Choose Folder> Search options.
- Select the hidden files and folder option and open QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved or not.
Method 3: Update the Windows
The outdated Windows will result in the failure of the QuickBooks Desktop installation failure or damage. You can remove the error by updating the Windows to its latest release. Follow the below-mentioned steps to update your Windows;
- Click on the start tab and choose the All Programs option.
- After that, go to the settings option and pick the Windows update.
- The updates will be automatically updated if there are any.
- Once the Windows update procedure finishes, click on “Install QuickBooks:
Method 4: Use QuickBooks Tool Hub to Resolve the Issue
You can use the handiest tool of Inuit to remove the error 3371 QuickBooks. The procedure to download, install and use the tool to remove the error is mentioned below.
- Download the Tool Hub from the official website of Intuit.
- Follow the instructions displayed on the screen to install the tool.
- Once installed, open the tool and use the Quick Fix My Program Feature tool to fix the error.
- In case the error is not fixed by the Quick Fix My Program, you can try QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool.
- To use the tool, you have to download the tool from the tool hub.
- Once the QuickBooks Program Diagnostic Tool has been installed, choose the installation issue tab followed by QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will automatically detect and fix the issues if there are any.
- Reboot the system and open the software to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Method 5: Fix QB Registration.dat File
The missing or damaged QB registration file will result in an error. To rectify the error, you need to fix the damaged QB registration file. Go with the below-mentioned steps to fix the registration issue:
- Close the QuickBooks application and open the task manager of the system by pressing the ctrl + alt + delete keys together.
- Find the QBW32.exe file available under the process tab.
- Once found, right-click on the file and pick the end task option from the drop-down menu, and tap on the “OK” button.
- Now press the Window + R keys together to open the run command of the system.
- Write C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v6 or 8 in the search bar and click on the “Enter” tab.
- Open the Folder and delete the EntitlementDataStore.ecml file.
- Press the “YES” key to confirm the changes.
Method 6: Repair MSXML Files
The Microsoft .Net framework is crucial to run the software properly. The damaged or corrupted MSXML file will result in an error. And, to fix the issue, take help from the below-mentioned steps:
To Register the file
- Open the run window by holding the Window + R key together.
- In the search bar, type the cmd.exe and click on the enter key.
- The command prompt window will open.
- Now right-click inside the cmd Window and select the run as an administrator option from the available options.
- Write cd\windows\syswow64 and tap on the enter key.
- After that, write regsvr32 MSXML6.dll and click on the enter key.
To Download the file
- Download the MSXML file.
- Open the search box of the Window and write exe /forum “%userprofile%\desktop\msxml.msi and click on the Enter key.
Installing the file
After downloading the file, you need to install it on your system.
- Open the MSXML.msi installation file and right-click on it.
- Choose the option to run as an administrator. Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
Method 7: Perform a Disk Clean Process
Remove the junk files as they might sometimes generate the error. The steps to junk off the files are:
- Go to the file explorer and select “This PC” option.
- Right click on it and select the properties.
- In the same tab, click on the disk clean up option.
- Click on the “OK” tab to continue the clean up process.
Or you can manually clean the junk files in the system. For the manual clean up of the file open the run window and type % Temp% and press the enter key. Select all the junk files from the opened window and delete them permanently from the system.
We understand facing errors in QuickBooks while working annoys the users. It not only wastes your precious time but also hampers your work efficiency. We hope that with the help of the above-mentioned methods, you can easily fix QuickBooks error 3371. However, if you are stuck anywhere in the process, then join the hands of our experts. They leave no stone unturned to rectify your problem. You can reach them via email, chat, or phone and get the latest error resolution method at a pocket-friendly price.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – How do I resolve the License issue in QuickBooks?
A – Open the QuickBooks tool hub and select the installation issue tab. Choose the Quick Fix My Program tab and get the error resolved. You can resolve the error with the help of the above-mentioned methods.
Q – Can I get assistance to resolve the QuickBooks error 3371?
A – Yes, you can get in touch with our experts and get the error resolved at a reasonable price.
Q – Is my data at risk due to QuickBooks errors?
A – Yes, if a critical error occurs, then there is a high chance that you will lose your precious company file data.