The main issue or challenge that the QuickBooks users are facing is that it shows various unwanted errors, and it further becomes trouble for them to get their tasks completely. One of the common errors of QuickBooks that we are going to discuss today is the “QuickBooks Payroll Service Connection error. QB payroll service connection occurs when the user tries to send payroll data or direct depositing the paychecks.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Payroll Service Connection Error
A technical issue cannot occur without a proper valid reason, and it’s important for you to properly understand the reasons so that the error cannot occur again. So, here are the reasons due to why the users may face QuickBooks payroll service connection error.
- Poor internet connection.
- Firewall or antivirus software settings are disabling the QuickBooks to perform the task.
- Using invalid security software.
- Network time out disallows the QuickBooks from accessing the server.
- System date and timings are incorrect.
- Using QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Payroll Service Connection Error
Solving a QuickBooks error is not a difficult task. When the solution procedure is followed carefully, then it can be solved easily. So, let’s have a look at the methods that you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks payroll service connection error.
Method #1: Updating QuickBooks Payroll Software
When you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks payroll software, then it might not be able to get full permissions and may further lead to the occurrence of the error.
- At first, launch QuickBooks online on your PC.
- Thereon, at the home page, search and click on the “Employees” option.
- Then click on the “Get payroll updates” option.
- At last, to download the update, click on the “Download Entire Update” check box.
- Once you click on the downloading box, then the file will start downloading. As the downloading process ends, then restart your PC.
Method #2: Download and install the latest QuickBooks Payroll Tax Table Update
So, here are the steps that you can follow to download and install the latest update of the QuickBooks payroll tax table.
- First of all, launch the QuickBooks application.
- Now, under the list available at the top of the page, click on the employee’s option.
- Under the employee’s list, click on the “Get Payroll Updates”.
- After that, a pop-up display screen with the “Get Payroll Updates” heading will be open.
- Now, to download the update, click on the “Download Latest Update” option and checkmark the “Download Entire Update” option.
- After that, click on the “Update Now” option and the file will start downloading.
- As the gets downloaded, then click on the “Close” option, and exit the QuickBooks desktop application.
Restart your PC and try to perform the same task again. If you still face the QuickBooks payroll service connection error. Then don’t panic and shift on to the next method.
Method #3: Delete Browser History in Internet Explorer
QuickBooks uses Internet Explorer as a default web browser for performing online activities. When you have not deleted the browser’s history, cache, and cookies for a long time, then it can disallow the web browser to open the website and can further reduce its operational speed. So, here are the steps that you can follow to delete the browser’s history.
- Open the Internet Explorer and go to the Tools tab.
- Now, click on the Internet Options.
- After that, under the General tab, scroll down to the Browsing History section.
- On the history page, select all the temporary files, cache and history, and temporary internet files, and make sure to select the time range as “All Time”.
- Below the time range below, click on the “delete” option.
Now, you have successfully deleted the browsing history in Internet Explorer.
Method #4: Correct Your PC’s Date and Timings
When your PC’s date and timings are not correct, then it can also become a reason for the occurrence of the error. So, below mentioned are the steps that you can follow to change the date and time settings of your PC.
- First, go to the Start menu and click on the Control panel option.
- Now, go to the “Date and time settings”.
- At last, correct the date and timing settings as per your time zone and click on the “Save” button.
Method #5: Enabling TLS Settings
To enable TLS 1.1 and 1.2 settings in your Internet Explorer, then here are the steps that you can follow to do so.
- Launch the Internet Explorer web browser.
- After that, under the menu option, go to the Tools > Internet Options > Advanced Tab.
- Now, manually scroll down to the security settings and check the “Use TLS 1.1” and “Use TLS 1.2” options.
- At last, click on the “Ok” button and close the Internet Explorer.
Now, try to perform the same task on which initially you face the QuickBooks Payroll Service Connection Error. At this stage, the error will must be resolved.
Method #6: Run the QuickBooks in Single User Mode
So, here are the steps that you can follow to shift the user mode of your QuickBooks application to the single-user mode.
- Run the QuickBooks application.
- Now, from the top menu list, click on the File option.
- Click on “Switch to Single User Mode”.
After a few seconds, the QuickBooks will automatically shift to the single-user mode.
We hope we have helped you in accomplishing your goal of solving the QuickBooks Payroll service connection error. In case, if you find the methods useful, then do share it with your business friends or colleagues who are also using the QuickBooks desktop application, so that they will also be aware of the error and how to get it resolved. If you have any specific query, then feel free to reach out to us through the help section. Our experienced and professional experts are available to help you out with any QuickBooks problem.