QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number is an error that usually occurs while attempting to open or register QuickBooks Point of Sale. Wondering why it happened? It might occurs while using inappropriate product activation key. Whenever the error comes up the pop-up on your screen flashes that states:
“Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks”
Read this post attentively to get some insight into the causes that arises this error and detailed troubleshooting methods.
Do you find it challenging to rectify QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number? Get in touch with our professionals at @ +1-855-701-2729 and let them fix the issue for you asap.
Factors That Are Responsible For QuickBooks POS Error 176109
QuickBooks POS Error Invalid product Number might strikes on the user’s screen due to any of these following reasons given below. Go through the points listed below attentively.
1. You might confront this error if the product code utilized to install QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale is inappropriate.
2. There might be the possibility that the users aren’t using administrative rights to sign-in to Windows.
3. Corruption or damaged in the QuickBooks Point of Sale Entitlement folder.
Also Read – Fix Query Processing Error in QuickBooks
Pre-Requisites Before Fixing Invalid Product Code or Invalid Product Number Error
There are certain points that one must consider before resolving QuickBooks POS Error invalid product number.
1. Look for the latest updates available for the QuickBooks Point of Sale and if required install the latest one on your device.
2. You are supposed to remove the Entitlement folder from Windows, so for that modify the Windows settings to display hidden files.
3. Don’t forget to take a backup of the QuickBooks company file.
Now, it’s the high time to move to the troubleshooting section for fixing QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number.
Verified Solutions to Resolve Error 176109 in Point of Sale Instantly
Below, we have described different troubleshooting methods to tackle with QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Unrecoverable Error
Resolution Method 1: Clear All The Contents Within Entitlement Client Folder
There might be certain instances when the files inside the Entitlement Client folder gets damaged and might leads to issues while operating QuickBooks Point Of Sale. Once these files are repaired, QuickBooks will fix them on startup and help resolve the error.
1. Initially, move to the C: >> Program Data >> Intuit >> Entitlement Client >> v8.
2. Afterwards, hit the Ctrl + A keys altogether to choose all the present within the folder.
3. Next, press the Del key on your keyboard and tap on Yes option for giving the confirmation.
4. Now, launch the QBPOS application and try to register the application once again.
5. If you are still experiencing the same error, don’t worry and move further to the resolution method.
Resolution Method 2: Give a New Name To the WSActivity File
Sometimes, the damage in the WSActivity file is one of the reason that might generate QuickBooks product number list errors while operating QB POS. once you change the file name, QuickBooks identifies it and establish a fresh one for its operations.
1. In the initial stage, hit the Windows + E keys together to launch the Windows Explorer on your device.
2. After this, navigate to the C: >> Program Data >> Intuit >> QuickBooks Point of Sale XX >> Ini.
3. Now, look for the WSActivity file, right-click on it and pick the Rename option.
4. You must give a new name to the file i.e, “OLDWSActivity” and click anywhere to store your file.
5. Next, shut down the window and follow Solution 1 to remove the contents inside the entitlement client folder.
6. In the end, restart the QuickBooks Desktop of Sale application on your device and verify whether the issue is resolved.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 12031
Resolution Method 3: Re-establish the QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale application
Even after applying the above methods you are still receiving the Error 176109 incorrect product number QuickBooks, then try reinstalling the application. For that, go through the instructions stated below closely.
1. Primarily, tap on Start menu and choose the Control Panel from the available options.
2. From there, head towards the Programs and Features followed by Uninstall a program option.
3. Now, locate and tap on the QuickBooks POS application from the available lists of options and opt for Uninstall/Change option.
4. After this, choose the Uninstall option and then you have to wait to accomplish the uninstallation process successfully.
Furthermore, place the POS data folder on the desktop and change the named by entering .OLD at the end of file name. It will avoid QB in identifying the folder and lead to establish a new on e. Then, apply the instructions written below to remove QBPOSDBSrvUser Windows user and resolve the error.
Also Read – How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks
1. You are supposed to open the Control Panel and then move to the User Accounts option.
2. Afterwards, go to the Manage Another Account and click Continue option from User Account Window.
3. From the lists of applications, pick the QBPOSDBSrvUser and tap on the Delete the Account option.
4. Make sure that you have removed the folder and relaunch the system to apply the adjustments for handling QuickBooks Change Product Number issue.
After this, go ahead with the installation of QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. For instance, if you have a QB setup file on a CD, put it into your computer, tap on the setup file for installing QB POS. Otherwise, you may download it from the Inuit’s official website and go through the instructions displayed on-screen for a fresh installation.
Wrapping It Up!!
Hopefully, this in-depth guide related to QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number will help you in resolving the issue from the core. However, if you still require any expert’s assistance regarding this issue, you can consult our experts anytime through live chat facility. They will examine the issue thoroughly and fix your queries efficiently.