If you are also a QuickBooks user, you will definitely be tired of facing many errors while working on the QuickBooks desktop version. Well, many users are constantly facing many QuickBooks errors. Although in this blog post, we will tell you about the QuickBooks file doctor tool and how you can use this tool to resolve multiple QuickBooks errors. So, if you also want to eliminate any of the QuickBooks errors in the shortest time, stay tuned and read this blog post until the last.
What is a QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
QuickBooks File Doctor Tool (QBFD) is a file repairing tool that helps to fix many QuickBooks errors related to network problems, connection issues, data corruption, windows related problems, update errors, diagnostic problems, etc.
The tool usually scans the QuickBooks software deeply, finds all the glitches, and then starts repairing it.
Which Errors can be solved with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
So, let’s look at the list of the errors that QuickBooks users can easily fix with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
|QuickBooks Damaged Company’s File||QuickBooks Error Code H202||QuickBooks Network Related Errors||QuickBooks Error 6123|
|QuickBooks Error -6000, -82||QuickBooks Error -6000, -82||QuickBooks Error 6073||QuickBooks Error -6150|
|QuickBooks 6000 series errors||Multi user errors||Other H series errors||Data corruption errors|
|QuickBooks error 6147 or – 6130||Corrupt windows registry||QuickBooks Update error||Database Server manager errors|
|QuickBooks Error 6010||Missing employee, vendor and customer list||QuickBooks Error 6189||Not Opening QuickBooks company file|
|Data Corruption Errors||Firewall ports issues||Hard disk affected by malware||Error code 6189|
Types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
There are two types of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool which are as follows.
- The stand-alone version of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can be used from the server where the QuickBooks database server manager component is installed for hosting the file.
- The in-built version of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool comes as an in-built feature from the QuickBooks 2016 version onwards.
Important Points for Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
So, here are some important points you must remember while using the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Make sure to uninstall the previously downloaded QuickBooks file doctor tool and install the tool version, i.e., 126.96.36.199.
- From QuickBooks 2016 versions, users can easily use the tool within the QuickBooks desktop application.
- QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is only compatible with the Windows version and is not supported for Mac versions of QuickBooks.
How to Download and Install QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
So, let’s begin with the important topic. Below are the steps you can easily follow step by step by downloading and installing the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- First, the users must download the QuickBooks File doctor tool from the official page of Intuit products.
- It is recommended to download the latest version of the tool, i.e., 188.8.131.52.
- Once the tool gets downloaded, then double-click on the double folder.
- Moving ahead, select the click on the “Yes” option and then accept all the terms and conditions.
- After that, click on the “Next” option and on the “Install” option.
- Once the installation process ends, click on the “Finish” option.
- Double click on the “QuickBooks Tool Hub” on the desktop screen to open the tool.
How to Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool?
After installing the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool, the next point is to understand the procedure of how you can use the QuickBooks File Doctor tool to solve many QuickBooks errors. So, here are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- First, launch the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- After that, under the tool’s home page, click on the “Company File Issues” option, which is available on the left side of the screen under the home menu list.
- Now, click on the run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool option under the new page.
- This process will now take a few minutes. Afterward, select your company’s file under the drop-down menu list.
- You can also manually select the file through the browse option.
- After selecting the file, select the “Check your file and Network” option and then click on the “Continue” option.
- At last, it will ask you to provide the QuickBooks account login credentials.
- After entering the details, click on the “Continue” option.
The scanning process can take five minutes, or it can even lead to an hour as it depends on the size of the file. The bigger the size is, the more time it will take to perform the scanning process.
How To Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool As An In-Built Feature?
If you are using the QuickBooks desktop of the version above 2016, users can access the tool within their QuickBooks software. So, here are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks file doctor tool on the desktop.
- Run the QuickBooks desktop application.
- Under the home page, click on the “File” option available in the header menu list.
- There after, click on the “File”> “Utilities”> “Repair File” to use the QuickBooks file doctor tool.
- Moving ahead, search for your company file and click on the “Company File” or “Network Issues” option.
- After that, it will ask you to provide the login credentials of your QuickBooks account and then click on the “Next” option.
- At last, after your file gets processed, then restart your QuickBooks desktop application.
This process will now resolve all the errors related to your QuickBooks account.
So, that’s the end of today’s blog on how to download and use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. In this blog, we have covered all information regarding the QuickBooks file doctor tool and the errors that can be resolved with the help of the tool. So, if we have helped you get the errors you were facing in your QuickBooks account, then we have accomplished our goal.
Although, if you face any challenges while downloading or installing the tool or if you have any query related to the topic, then feel free to reach out to us through the chat box, or you can mail us your query at (email@example.com). Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts will be happy to solve your query.