Are you also frustrated by facing unwanted errors in QuickBooks? Just imagine, how it feels when you are working on important business activity and suddenly the software fails to perform the command. Honestly, we have also faced these types of errors in the past and that’s why we are here. We want to help you by providing you with all the relevant information about the QuickBooks error 6123, its reasons for the occurrence, and how to get that error resolved. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the last word.
Table of Contents
About QuickBooks Error 6123
Facing errors in QuickBooks is not a big deal. Many users are facing errors in their daily online business activities and similarly, if you also face an error while working on the QuickBooks, then there is no need to be panic about that. Although, before we directly jump on to the main topic, we strongly recommend you to follow all the methods or the steps with full focus and be patience to avoid any type of discrepancies.
QuickBooks error 6123 usually occurs when the QuickBooks fails to find the company’s file in the software or when the user makes an attempt to restore the backup of a deleted file. But before you directly jump on to the solution process, first have a look at the reasons why this error occurs.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6123
So, here are the reasons or the causes, due to which you may face the QuickBooks Error 6123.
• When the QuickBooks software files are not installed properly.
• When the user tries to restore a company’s file from an external device.
• Weak Internet connection.
• Firewall settings or the antivirus settings are disallowing the QuickBooks to work efficiently.
How to Solve QuickBooks Error 6123
Once you are cleared with the possible reasons due to which the QuickBooks Error 6123 can occur. Then let’s have a look at the methods and the solutions to get the error resolved.
Solution 1: Using QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
The reason why we have mentioned this point at the top is that sometimes the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool can even help its users to get resolved many unwanted errors. So, here are the steps that you can follow to use the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to solve the error.
• First, download the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool from the official website of QuickBooks.
• Once the downloading ends, then install and run the tool on your system.
• After that, the tool will show you all the available damages in your company’s file or data that are further leading to the error 6123.
• Once you are aware of all the damages, then you have two options to fix the error i.e. either restore the backup of your company’s files or share your company file with the QuickBooks data recovery team and they will get the file repaired.
Solution 2: Changing the name ofn.ND and .TLG file
• At first, navigate to the folder that contains the company’s file.
• Now, search there for the corresponding. ND file and hit a right click on that.
• Then click on the rename option and change the name from .ND file to .ND.OLD.
• After that, select the .TLG file and rename it in the same sequence to .TLG.OLD.
• Now, run the QuickBooks company file and set up proper folder permissions.
• At last, make sure to allow full access to the folder settings.
Now, try to perform the same task again through which you face the QuickBooks error 6123, and if still exists, then switch on to the next solution.
Solution 3: Adding a new user to Window
Most probably, adding a new user in windows can solve the problem as sometimes the windows user login can be corrupted.
• At first, go to the Control Panel.
• Then under the user icon, click on the “Create new user” option.
• Now choose the administrator for user type.
• After that, Log out the existing user.
• After that, reboot your system and then log in again with the help of new user login credentials.
• Then, move the company’s file to the desktop screen and then run the QuickBooks application and access that company’s file.
Solution 4: Run Quick Fix My Program
To perform this solution, below we have mentioned the steps that you can follow one by one to fix the QuickBooks Error 6123.
• First of all, download or run the most recent version of QuickBooks Tool Hub i.e. 22.214.171.124, and then choose the Programs Problems option.
• Now, click on the “Quick Fix my Program” tab.
• In case, if you have installed multiple versions of QuickBooks on your system, then it will initially take some moments.
• Once the process ended, then run the QuickBooks application and check if the error code 6123 persists or it has been resolved.
At this stage, even after following all of the above methods, the QuickBooks error 6123 will be resolved.
In this blog, we have tried our best to provide you with all the authentic and useful information about the QuickBooks Error 6123. In case, if we have helped you to solve your QuickBooks error 6123, then we have achieved our motto for this blog. In case, if you have any specific queries, then feel free to reach out to us through the help section. Our professional experts having extreme knowledge of QuickBooks will be happy to solve your query.
We are helping your business with everything. Starting from data recovery to manage your loans, we can do much more for you. Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. Our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized to resell and few specific products of intuit company.