QuickBooks error c-224 is a data damage error code that arises when the user tries to take a backup of the company file. This error generally appears when the user tries to read an incorrect split line for an accounting or memorized transaction.
Besides the backup process, the QuickBooks error c-224 can also arise while running the verify data utility and rebuild data utility tool in QuickBooks. This error code appears with a pop-up display message as;
If you are also facing QuickBooks error c-224, and searching for quick solutions, then this blog will be quite important for you. This write-up will cover tested solutions that you can execute step-by-step to terminate the error.
“If you need any personal assistance in eliminating QuickBooks error code c 224, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts by placing a call at +1-855-701-2729.”
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Why Does QuickBooks Error C-224 Arises?
Let’s take a look at the list of possible reasons due to why a user may encounter error code c-24 while working on the QuickBooks desktop application;
• QuickBooks company’s files are damaged or corrupted.
• A damaged Transaction Log File (.TLG) can be the main reason why error code c-224 arises.
• Corrupted or damaged windows registry files.
• If you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks desktop application, then it increases the probability of facing QuickBooks error code c-224.
• The location path of your company’s file is invalid.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error C-224?
Given below is the list of symptoms through which users can easily identify the QuickBooks error code C-224;
• Unable to take a backup of the QuickBooks company file.
• You are facing issues running the rebuild data utility or verify data utility tool.
• QuickBooks desktop application is not working or opening.
• A pop-up display message appears on the PC screen, reflecting error code c-224 in QuickBooks.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1328
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error C-224
After having clear information about the possible reasons the error arises, let’s take a look at the tested solutions that you can perform to get the error eliminated;
Solution 1. Update QuickBooks Desktop to Latest Release
Let’s take a look at the process that you can follow to update QuickBooks desktop accounting software to the latest release;
• Launch the QuickBooks desktop software on your workstation, then click on the “Help” tab.
• As the help menu drop-down list appears, click on the “Update QuickBooks Desktop” option.
• Thereon, switch to the “Update Now” tab and click on the “Reset Update” option to clear the previously downloaded updates.
• You must click the “Get Update” option and download the new QuickBooks update.
• After that, the downloading process will commence on your screen.
• As the process ends, then reboot the QuickBooks desktop software.
Solution 2. Delete the ECML File
Given below are the steps that you can follow to delete ecml files on your device;
• Firstly, launch the windows run command on your PC by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
• Type “C:\ Program Data\ Intuit\ Entitlement Client\ v8” in the search bar, and hit the enter button.
• As the location opens on your screen, search for the ECML file and delete it.
• Once you are done with the above steps, then close all the current windows.
• At last, relaunch the QuickBooks desktop application, and click on the “Continue” option to register the product again.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 1646
Solution 3. Repair QuickBooks Transaction Log File (.TLG)
• Firstly, open the windows file manager on your PC, and navigate to the QuickBooks installation folder.
• Thereon, search for the transaction log file ending with the extension as (.TLG).
• Next, do a right click on the transaction log file, and select the “Rename” option.
• Add “.old” at the end of the file name, and save it.
Once you are done with the steps mentioned above, launch the QuickBooks desktop application to verify whether the error code c-224 QuickBooks has been terminated. If you still face the error, don’t panic and try the next solution.
Solution 4. Verify QuickBooks Data Utility
Given below are the steps that you can follow to run the QuickBooks data utility tool on your device to resolve the QuickBooks error code c-224;
• The first step is to launch the QuickBooks company file on your device.
• Thereon, navigate to the file menu settings, and select the “Utilities” option.
• After that, click on the “Verify Data” option, and select the “OK” option to start the verification process.
• As the process ends, click on the “OK” option again.
Solution 5. Run Rebuild Data Tool
The last but not the least solution that you can follow to eliminate QuickBooks error c-224 is running the rebuild data tool. Here are the steps that you can follow to run it;
• First of all, click on the “File” menu option, and then click on the “Utilities” > “Rebuild Data” option.
• Create a backup by clicking on the “OK” option.
• Click on the “Next” option, and select a preferred location to store a backup file.
• As the process ends, click on the “OK” option to save the file.
• At last, keep following the on-screen instructions to rebuild the data successfully.
In the End
At this stage, we hope that the above solutions have helped you resolve QuickBooks error code c-224. But, if you still face the issue, we suggest you get in touch with our highly experienced team. We are a team of highly trained QuickBooks experts available 24/7 at the help desk to attend to your query and deliver the best possible technical solution. Get instant help by sending your query via mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.