QuickBooks is undoubtedly one of the most helpful solutions that help businesses to grow by managing their accounting processes. Regardless of the fact that QuickBooks has millions of users, technical issues can take place when using the program. In this post, we will discuss QuickBooks error 1328, which is a common technical issue that can take place when installing the updates or the program itself. If you want to get rid of the error, reading this post will help you in finding the troubleshooting the possible causes behind QuickBooks error code 1328. Let’s start!
QuickBooks Error Message 1328: What Does It Mean?
QuickBooks error 1328 can take place when installing or updating the QuickBooks application. When updating QuickBooks to the latest release, you may get an error message on your screen that states:
Error 1328. Error updating file C:\Config.Msi\PTXXX.tmp.
The error file reference has the same path as C:\config.msi\; however, the representation is different. Multiple issues can cause this error. To fix the error 1328 in QuickBooks, you need to troubleshoot the possible reasons behind it.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11118
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Update Error 1328
Some of the main reasons behind the QuickBooks error 1328 are mentioned in the below-given list:
- A partial or corrupt download of the program.
- Invalid registry entries when uninstalling the application.
- An inappropriate system shutdown due to sudden power discontinuation.
- Malefic attacks from a virus or malware.
- Partial or damaged installation of the program.
- A hindered or obstructed network.
- An improperly configured system is also an apparent reason behind the QuickBooks error 1328.
Symptoms of Error 1328 in QuickBooks
To determine if the error 1328 has occurred, you need to keep eye on the below-given symptoms:
- An update process gets hindered and you may not be able to proceed with it.
- You may experience hurdles in repairing the program.
- An error message crops up on your screen with the error descriptions and the option buttons, such as “Abort”, “Retry”, and “Ignore”.
- Your Windows becomes sluggish or crashes frequently.
- QuickBooks becomes slow and an active program window crash now and then.
- Trouble in installing or uninstalling the QuickBooks software.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error Message Code 1328
As soon as error 1328 occurs, you need to act promptly and follow the below-given solutions to resolve the error.
Solution 1: Find & Rename Config.msi File
This error is closely related to the Config.msi file. To fix it, you need to find the file and rename it.
- Navigate to the C: Drive to locate the config.msi file.
- Next, double-click on the file and select Rename from the drop-down list.
- Select your file name and then add .OLD at the end of the file name.
- Hit Enter and the changes will be saved.
- Hide the files that are protected and then check the status of the QuickBooks error 1328.
If the error is not fixed, try the next troubleshooting procedure.
Also Read – Rectify QuickBooks Error TD500
Solution 2: Use Registry Repair Tool
Invalid entries in the Windows registry is a possible reason behind the error 1328. Registry Repair Tool can repair the damaged registry entries and resolve the annoying error code you are getting on your screen. Moreover, running the tool also resolves the issues caused due to a virus or malware infection.
- Wait for the system cleaning to complete.
- Moving ahead, Uninstall outdated PC device drivers.
- Next, you need to run the Windows System File Checker and install the required updates for your Windows.
Now check if the error is resolved.
Solution 3: Repair Damaged Installation of QuickBooks Desktop Software
To repair QuickBooks:
- Login to Windows with accurate admin credentials.
- Next, locate QuickBooks from the list of the installed programs.
- Click Uninstall/Change button.
- It will make the QuickBooks installer appear on your screen.
- Choose the Repair option and it will start repairing the program.
Once the repair process completes, try to update QuickBooks and check the status of QuickBooks error 1328.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Solution 4: Utilize QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool is a powerful utility in the software that detects and resolves the common installation error in the software. To run this utility, you need to download QuickBooks Tool Hub by following the below-given steps:
- Leave QuickBooks and then download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Save the downloaded file to an easily accessible location, such as a Desktop.
- Now go to the download location and open the downloaded QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the program and open it.
- Now from within the QuickBooks Tool Hub, click Installation Issues.
- Next, choose QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
- The tool will resolve the installation issues causing error 1328 in QuickBooks.
Solution 5: Reinstall the Software Using Clean Install
If the QuickBooks installation is damaged, Clean Install will rename the old install folders for you. There are two ways to clean install QuickBooks:
- Use installation CD to install the program directly.
- Utilize a downloaded file to get the installation done.
This post elaborates on some of the best solutions that resolve the QuickBooks error 1328. Make sure to follow every single step with full attention. If you want help from reliable QuickBooks technicians, give us a call on our QuickBooks error helpline number. On connecting, you can experience fast and smooth error troubleshooting support.