QuickBooks error 7149, also referred to as run time error in the program, usually occurs due to registry errors or corrupt QuickBooks data files. When the error occurs, it hampers the program’s performance, leaving behind a message:
“Error 7149: QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to shut. We are sorry for the inconvenience”.
There are several other reasons as well that can promote error 7149 in QuickBooks. If you are also dealing with this error, fret not. We have listed the possible reasons behind the error along with some effective troubleshooting solutions you may implement to get rid of the problem. Let’s start.
What Does QuickBooks Error Message 7149 Depict?
When opening the QuickBooks application, an abrupt error message can appear on your screen. The error message describes that the program has encountered an error and you need to close it. There are multi-faceted issues that can cause error code 7149 in QuickBooks.
When the error occurs, it crashes an active Window and results in the sluggish performance of the QuickBooks application. Partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application is one of the main reasons behind this error. Troubleshooting the QuickBooks error 7149 requires a listing of its possible reasons in the first place.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 15212
What Causes QuickBooks Desktop Error 7149?
Some of the main reasons behind the arrival of QuickBooks error 7149 are:
• Incomplete installation of a program or the installation is probably corrupted.
• A corrupt Windows registry is also a possible reason behind the error code 7149.
• Virus threat to the computer sometimes results in the error code 7149.
• Firewall and antivirus application block QuickBooks processes and, therefore, needs to get temporarily disabled.
• Local computer issues can also give rise to QuickBooks error 7149.
Symptoms Of QuickBooks Error 7149
The error can be determined by the following symptoms:
• The error message will show up on the screen with the error code.
• Windows run slowly and respond slowly toward the mouse or keyboard.
• The application will experience crashing now and then.
• The software repeatedly freezes whenever you try to run it.
Also Read – Delete Uncleared Transactions in QuickBooks?
Troubleshooting Solutions To Fix QuickBooks Error Message Code 7149
After knowing the possible reasons and symptoms, we can proceed further with the troubleshooting procedures:
Solution 1: Repair Or Reinstall QuickBooks Application
A damaged or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks application can give prevent you from running the program smoothly. To fix it, repair or reinstall the QuickBooks application by implementing the below-given steps:
• From the Start option of your computer, open the Control Panel.
• Next, click on Add or Remove Programs option.
• Alternatively, you may perform the same using the Start Menu.
• When the list of the installed programs opens, find QuickBooks and right-click on it.
• Click Repair from the drop-down list and perform the instructions given on your screen.
• Finally, restart your computer and try to open the QuickBooks application.
If you are still unable to open QuickBooks, uninstall the program and then re-install it by implementing the suitable steps. If the error message 7149 continues to flash on your screen, try the next solution.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 6123
Solution 2: Close Conflicting Applications
If the conflicting programs running in the background are causing the issue, you need to close them by implementing the below-listed steps:
• Press CTRL + Alt + Del keys to open the Task Manager, and here you can see the programs that are currently running.
• Now on the Processes tab, stop the programs running by clicking the End Process button.
• After closing the conflicting programs, find out if it resolved the QuickBooks error 7149. If not, try the next solution with the conflicting programs not interfering with QuickBooks anymore.
Solution 3: Reinstall Runtime Libraries To Fix Error 7149
Improper installation of the MS Visual C++ package gives birth to the QuickBooks error 7149. In such a case, you need to uninstall the current package and install a fresh copy of it. Below-explained steps can help:
• From the Start menu, you need to navigate to the Programs and Features option.
• Thereafter, you need to find and highlight the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package.
• Once found, click Uninstall option located on top of the list, and once uninstalled, reboot your computer.
• Finally, download the fresh redistributable package from Microsoft, then install it by implementing the on-screen instructions.
Check the status of the QuickBooks error 7149 and check if it eliminates the error code. If the issue continues to hamper your workflow, jump to the next solution.
Solution 4: Run The Disk Cleanup
QuickBooks error 7149 is also referred to as the runtime error that can be resulted due to the low space availability on your computer. Run the Disk clean up to free up some space:
• Create a backup of your company file before getting started.
• Next, clear your cache and reboot your system to proceed further.
• Now run the Disk Cleanup, open your explorer window, and right-click your main directory.
• Finally, click Properties and click Disk Cleanup to end this procedure.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks has stopped working issue
Users facing QuickBooks error 7149 can get the desired help by reading this post until the end, as it explains some of the most relevant solutions for error resolution. After understanding the possible reasons and symptoms of the error, you can apply the solutions one by one. However, if you are finding it difficult to implement the solutions on your own, get immediate help by dialing our assistance channels, such as email, chat, or helpline number.