QuickBooks error 15212 is a common update error that generally arises when the user processes requests to download new updates in QuickBooks desktop software. This error mainly occurs when the update installation is not completed properly or due to a wrong installation. When this error is not resolved at an early stage, it can even lead to arousing various operations issues on your QuickBooks desktop software.
Therefore, it is recommended to perform the troubleshooting steps immediately to resolve the issue. In this write-up, we will enlist numerous reasons along with the tested solutions you can execute to get the error terminated.
“Get direct help from QuickBooks experts in resolving error code 15212 by placing a call at 1855-701-2729.”
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 15212
Below, we have mentioned the list of possible reasons due to why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error 15212;
• An inactive QuickBooks payroll subscription can be the main reason for the error.
• Window’s firewall settings is blocking the QuickBooks software from connecting with the software.
• Insufficient storage space.
• The downloaded updates or shared location is mapped with an unavailable drive.
• The particular shared download file is disabled.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1406
Ways to Identify QuickBooks Error 15212
Let’s take a look at the different ways through which you can easily identify the QuickBooks error 15212;
• A pop-up display message appears on the screen, reflecting QuickBooks error 15212.
• An internet error suddenly appears while trying to log in to the official website of Intuit.
• Unable to use the QuickBooks desktop application.
Solutions to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code 15212
After having clear information about the possible reasons and symptoms behind the error, let’s take a look at the solutions that you can follow step-by-step to resolve QuickBooks error 15212;
Solution 1. Download New Updates of QuickBooks Desktop
The first solution you should follow in dealing with QuickBooks error 15212 is downloading the new updates in the QuickBooks desktop application.
Given below are the steps that you can follow to download the new updates in QuickBooks desktop accounting software;
• To download the new QuickBooks updates, you have to click on the “Help” tab option.
• Thereon, as the drop-down list appears on the screen, you must click on the “Update QuickBooks” option.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Options” tab and select the “NO” option for the shared download.
• After that, you have to download the updates again.
Once you are done with performing the above-listed steps, then verify if the QuickBooks error 15212 has been resolved or not.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Desktop Error C=387
Solution 2. Download & Install QuickBooks Software in Selective Startup Mode
Uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks application in selective startup mode can help you to fix various update errors, such as 15212. Here is the step-by-step guide that you can follow to install QuickBooks desktop in selective startup mode;
• First of all, prepare a backup of the QuickBooks company files.
• Thereon, you must note down the details related to your QuickBooks license and product.
• Launch the windows run command by pressing the “Windows + R” keys together.
• After that, type “MSConfig” and click on the “OK” option.
• Moving ahead, choose the “Selective Startup and load System Services” displayed in the general tab.
• Select the “Hide all Microsoft Services” checkbox from the particular service tab.
• Followed by the above steps, click on the “Disable All” option and then uncheck the “Hide all Microsoft Services” option.
• Next, view the “Windows Installer” checkbox, and in case it is not selected, then hit the “OK” option.
• Once you are done with the above steps, perform your system’s restart.
• After that, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks application from your PC.
• Use the clean install tool to install the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
• Again launch the windows run command on your device, enter “MSConfig,” and hit the “OK” option.
• Now, select the “Normal Startup” option available under the “General” tab, and hit the “OK” option.
• At last, end this process by performing a deep restart of your device.
Solution 3. Rename the Installation Folders
If the QuickBooks error 15212 arises due to damaged or corrupted installation files, then renaming the installation folders can help you troubleshoot the issue. Given below are the steps that you can follow to rename installation folders;
• Firstly, you have to uninstall the QuickBooks accounting software from your device.
• Thereon, launch file explorer on your device by pressing the “Windows + E” keys together.
• After that, navigate to the location where the QuickBooks company files are saved.
• As you open the QuickBooks company folder, you have to search for the installation folder.
• Once you are done with the above steps, right-click on it, and select the “Rename” option.
• Thereon, type “.old” at the end of the name of QuickBooks installation folder.
• At last, reinstall the QuickBooks desktop application on your device with the help of license and product keys.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code -6177, 0
As demonstrated above, we have enlisted three tried & tested solutions that you can execute step-by-step to get the error eliminated. If the above-listed steps do not help you resolve the error, then you can get in touch with our QuickBooks experts via mail at email@example.com. Our experts are available 24/7 to understand your query and assist you with the best feasible solution.