QuickBooks fatal error is one of the most common issues that can take place in several instances. Sometimes, you may encounter this issue while opening or closing a file. Moreover, the error message can also crop up when creating a backup or portable copy of the file. Using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application is one of the main reasons behind this error. If you have encountered the same issue, it is strongly advised that you read the article through to the conclusion.
Facing a fatal error in QuickBooks software? Get assisted by trained professionals by dialing our helpline number 1-855-701-2729.
When Does The Fatal Error In QuickBooks Show Up?
QuickBooks Desktop fatal error can take place in several instances, as stated in the below-given list:
• When opening portable company files in QuickBooks.
• While a company file is being closed.
• Moreover, when building a backup, a company file, or a portable company file, the error message can crop up.
• The error can show up when a user tries to close any active windows at a QB company file.
• Additionally, when a user sends a payroll via direct deposit or when they save a record, you may get the error on your screen.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Crashing Error
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Desktop Fatal Error
There are multi-faceted factors that can promote an unrecoverable error in QuickBooks software. Check the below-given list:
• A damaged Windows installer file is one of the apparent reasons behind the arrival of the error.
• Possible damage or corruption in the QuickBooks data file.
• When the internet connection is slow or is interrupted by external factors.
• QuickBooks software fatal error in the POS edition of the program can occur when the QBPOS file gets damaged or corrupted.
Symptoms of QuickBooks Application Fatal Error
QuickBooks fatal error can be identified by keeping an eye on the following symptoms:
• You won’t be able to open or access your company file.
• An error message will show up on your screen explaining the error in detail.
• You may experience trouble in saving a backup of your data file.
• Anomalous behavior of the Windows Desktop or the software can also be seen.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 61686
Fixing the QuickBooks Fatal Error
Now that we have all the required detail about the fatal error, we now proceed further with the troubleshooting procedures.
Solution 1: Perform A Clean Installation Of The QuickBooks Application
A clean installation of the QuickBooks application can be an effective solution to eliminating fatal error in the program. Perform the below-given steps:
• Download the latest version of the QuickBooks installer in the first place.
• Keep the license and the product number if QuickBooks is purchased in the digital version.
• Thereafter, uninstall the QuickBooks Desktop and download QuickBooks Tool Hub.
• When in Tool Hub, you will see various categories of error, wherein you need to choose the Installation Issues.
• Here, you need to pick the QuickBooks clean install tool option.
• Also, choose the QuickBooks product version and click on the continue tab.
• You may now see an error message with the text – “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location”. Here you need to click the OK tab.
• Finally, reinstall your QuickBooks desktop to put QuickBooks fatal error to an end.
If the error continues or appears again, try the next solution.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 12057
Solution 2: Fix QuickBooks Installation Issues
A partial or damaged installation of the QuickBooks application can also give birth to a fatal error in the program. In such a scenario, you can run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to detect the troubleshoot the installation issues. Below is how you can get this task accomplished:
• In the first place, download the QuickBooks Tool Hub from Intuit’s official website and save the executable file to a suitable location.
• Now go to the download location and run the installation file.
• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation and agree to the terms and conditions.
• When installed, open QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate through the list of common issues.
• Here, you need to choose the Installation Issues and then run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
• This tool will detect common installation issues and resolve them.
• Wait for the process to end and check if the error is resolved or not.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 1646
Solution 3: End the QBW32.exe Process To Fix The Fatal Error
If the QBWin32.dll file is not present in the QuickBooks directory, you need to end the QBW32.exe in order to fix the error. Follow the below-listed steps:
• In this particular process, you are supposed to head to the taskbar of the windows and right-click on it.
• Furthermore, you can find the option of the start task manager and click on it.
• Moreover, choose the process tab and the image name header option.
• Now, the list of all the files will be arranged in a list.
• Also, look for the QBW32.exe file and click on it.
• The final step here is to select the end process tab.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7149
The solutions explained in this post can help you eliminate a QuickBooks fatal error. However, if you are not comfortable with these steps or facing any kind of difficulty, get one-on-one assistance from our experts. You may choose our chat assistance or get a callback by sending us an email. Once connected, you may get the most relevant solution to the error.