QuickBooks error 1646 is a common error that appears when the user tries to install the QuickBooks premier version on a workstation in which the identical version of the software is pre-installed.
Additionally, if a user tries to install the QuickBooks software on a device in which the premier version of the same year is installed, then it can eventually lead to the occurrence of QuickBooks error 1646. Users will be able to notice this error with a pop-up display message as;
“Need immediate help to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 1646? Speak live with our professionals by placing a call at +1-855-701-2729.”
Possible Causes Behind QuickBooks Error 1646
Given below, we have filtered out the possible and common reasons as a result of which a user may encounter QuickBooks error 1646 while working on the desktop software;
• The error primarily arises because of the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company files.
• If the Microsoft Net 1.1 SP1 installer is not installed on your device.
• An older Windows operating system or QuickBooks software version can also provoke QuickBooks error 1646.
• Damaged or corrupted Microsoft C++ and MSXML components.
• If there is no sufficient storage available in the windows temporary folders.
• If you have set a lock on QuickBooks company’s file.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6073, 99001
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1646?
Let’s take a glance look towards the methods that you can perform to resolve QuickBooks error 1646 on your device;
Step 1. Verify the Account Details in QuickBooks Desktop
• First of all, launch the QuickBooks software on your device, and press the F2 key on your keyboard.
• After that, the product information window will be open on your screen.
• From here, you have to note all the important details related to your QuickBooks product and subscription, such as license number, product key, product version, etc.
Step 2. Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop Software
Once you have noted down the important information related to your QuickBooks product, the next step is to uninstall the software from your device. Given below are the steps that you can follow to do so;
• Go to the windows “Control Panel” settings on your device.
• Thereon, move to the “Programs and Features” tab and click on the “Uninstall a Program” option.
• After that, you have to search there for the QuickBooks product and do right-click on it.
• Now, select the “Uninstall/ Change” option, and click on the “Remove” option.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Next” option to uninstall the application from your device.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7300
Step 3. Rename the QuickBooks Installation Folders
Once you have uninstalled the software from your device, the next step you have to carry out is renaming the installation folders of QuickBooks.
This step is quite simple and easy. Here, you just have to add “.old” at the end of the file name. Renaming the file will disallow the QuickBooks desktop software to access the information from that folder. Henceforth, it will automatically create a new folder to save crucial data.
Note: If you cannot rename the installation folders on your device, then you have to delete the QuickBooks pending processes. Here are the steps that you can execute to delete pending processes in QuickBooks;
• Go to the task manager on your device by clicking on the windows taskbar.
• After that, switch to the processes tab option.
• Here, you have to choose the order list via name column settings.
• Thereon, scroll down to the pending processes starting with the character “Q.”
• Do a right click on the QuickBooks pending process, and then select the “Close” option.
• If there are multiple pending processes of QuickBooks on your device, then you have to repeat these steps again to delete all processes one by one.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1310
Step 4. Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop Software
Now, you have arrived at the last step of the entire procedure. At this stage, you have to reinstall the software on your device. You can easily install the software on your device through the official website of Intuit products.
Tip: To avoid double payment or data loss, you must use the product details of your account that you have noted down in a notepad during the first step. These details will help you re-continue using the software with the same account and keep all the preliminary information safe and secure.
So, that’s all with the procedure of uninstalling and reinstalling the QuickBooks software on the workstation.
We hope that you find this content useful. As demonstrated above, we have covered the complete procedure of how you can eliminate QuickBooks error 1646. If you have any query related to the topic, or if you face any technical issue while performing the procedure, then you can contact our team of QuickBooks experts via mail at info@firstname.lastname@example.org. Our QuickBooks experts are available 24 hours around the clock to attend your call and assist you with the best feasible solution.