QuickBooks Payroll is the most important feature that enables businesses to manage their payroll-related tasks easily. Just like any other software, it is essential to download the latest payroll updates to enhance your experience. But, at times, users might end up with QuickBooks Error 12057 while attempting to get the latest payroll updates. Sometimes, issues with the internet connection might give rise to this error.
If you are also searching for the appropriate solutions to eradicate Error Code 12057 in QuickBooks, then follow this article for complete guidance.
Stuck with the QuickBooks Error 12057 while downloading the latest payroll updates? Get your issue resolved immediately by calling our highly-skilled professionals @ +1-855-701-2729.
Reasons Why You End Up With QuickBooks Error 12057
Below we have stated all the possible causes that might evoke QuickBooks Error 12057. Go through all of them closely.
• Issues with Internet Explorer are one of the main reasons that trigger the error.
• Sometimes, it may occur due to misconfigured SSL settings.
• It may also arise when a user doesn’t have appropriate admin rights to download the latest payroll updates.
• Problems with the QuickBooks installation might also result in QuickBooks Error 12057.
• Interruption due to Windows Firewall and third-party applications might stop the users from accessing the internet connection.
Also Read – Eliminate QuickBooks Error Code 9997
Tried And Tested Solutions to Eliminate QuickBooks Payroll Update Error 12057
After going through the causes that instigates the QuickBooks Error 12057, let’s explore the troubleshooting methods to fix it. Go through each of the methods properly and apply the solutions depending on the cause of the issue.
First Solution: Verify SSL Configuration Beneath the Internet Settings
You can easily fix the SSL settings issues by following the instructions below.
• To start the process, Windows + R keys together and launch the Control Panel on your device.
• Afterwards, proceed further towards the Network and Internet option.
• Following this, pick the Internet Options > Advanced tab.
• Then, scroll down towards the bottom of the screen and mark the “Use SSL 2.0” and “SSL 3.0” checkboxes.
• Thereafter, hit the Apply option followed by OK and try to upgrade QuickBooks Payroll to the latest version.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006
Second Solution: Configuration of QuickBooks Desktop Installation
As mentioned above, issues with the QuickBooks Desktop installation might result in QuickBooks Error 12057. Therefore, to fix the issue, you must repair the QBDT installation using the below given procedure.
• Initially, launch the Run window by hitting Windows + R keys together and insert “appwiz.cpl” within the search column.
• After this, hit OK and scroll down to the bottom of the page to look for QuickBooks from the list of programs available.
• Thereafter, double-tap on the QuickBooks application and hit the Repair option.
• Once the application is repaired, relaunch Windows and upgrade the payroll to the latest version.
Third Solution:- Operate QuickBooks With Proper Admin Rights
• Initially, launch the Control Panel and then opt for the User Accounts option.
• Afterwards, hit the Manage User Accounts option, and from the lists of usernames, verify if you have proper admin rights.
• For instance, if your account isn’t an admin, you must launch your device again. Then, you have to login with an account with proper admin rights to perform the actions on Windows properly.
• Alternatively, you may right-click the QuickBooks icon and opt for the Run as Administrator option to launch QB with admin rights.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Online Error 6250
Fourth Solution: Make Use of Safe Mode to Update QuickBooks
Even after following the above-stated methods, if you still receive the same error, try to operate QuickBooks in safe mode. To do so, follow the instructions given below thoroughly.
•. First of all, relaunch your computing device.
•. After this, keep pressing the F8 key repeatedly on the boot screen until you get the Advanced Boot Options on your screen.
•. Following this, select the safe mode with the networking option and press the Enter key.
•. Subsequently, once the desktop screen loads, launch QuickBooks and then try to upgrade the accounting application.
Fifth Solution: Cross-Check Your Internet Connection:-
The users must ensure that your device is well-connected with a stable internet connection. For that, you have to open the web browser as per your choice and load any frequently visited website. If you find that your page downloads successfully, it indicates that you are connected with a good internet connection.
Alternatively, look at the Status of your internet connection through your Windows settings using the steps below.
•. Initially, hit the Start menu and go to the Settings option.
•. Afterwards, opt for the highlighted Network & Internet option.
•. Next, hit on Status and look for your internet connection status.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218
Sixth Solution: Get the Latest Updates of QuickBooks or Windows Installed
•. Firstly, you must shut down if any QuickBooks-related program is installed on your device.
•. After this, install “Microsoft Windows Operating System Update,” and you will see that your system relaunches once the installation is over.
•. You have to relaunch your device manually if your system doesn’t restart on its own.
•. Go to the QuickBooks Help menu > Options tab and select the “Yes, enable QuickBooks Automatic Updates” option.
•. Following this, hit the “Mark All” > “Update Now” > “Get Updates”.
•. Now, you have to wait until the update process is over.
•. Shut down QuickBooks once the updates are installed successfully.
Wrapping It Up!!
By now, you can easily overcome QuickBooks Error 12057 with the help of the resolution methods described in this post. However, if you still find issues while dealing with this error, don’t panic. Instead, reach out to our professionals through live chat and resolve your issue within the shortest time possible.