QuickBooks Error C=1304 is a Windows-based error that not only hampers the performance of QuickBooks but also affects other Windows applications. This error basically occurs when installing or updating the QuickBooks application. When performing the install or update procedure, you may get an error message on your screen with the text:
Error 1304 error writing to file QuickBooks.
QuickBooks error 1304 writing to file”intuit.spc.map.cre.dl.
Windows components play a crucial role in the smooth installation of the QuickBooks application. However, when they get damaged, you may not be able to accomplish the task. Fret not! This post elaborates on the possible reasons behind QuickBooks error 1304 and also explains their relevant solutions. Let’s start!
Need help troubleshooting error code 1304 in QuickBooks? Contact our help desk by dialing +1-855-701-2729.
What Does QuickBooks Error C=1304 Mean?
QuickBooks error C=1304can affect a variety of the other Windows application on your system. A corrupt installation CD or damaged .NET Framework can be some of the possible reasons behind the arrival of the error. When the error occurs, it obstructs an install or update process. An active Windows crashes on the arrival of the error, along with an error message describing the issue.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks POS Error Invalid Product Number
What Are The Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Installation Error 1304?
There is a multitude of possible reasons that can give rise to error code 1304 in QuickBooks. Some of the main reasons are stated in the below-stated list:
• Broken or damaged QuickBooks installation CD.
• The erroneous CD drive is also one of the main reasons behind the error.
• Damaged Microsoft .NET Framework can also give birth to this QuickBooks installation error.
Symptoms To Identify QuickBooks Error Code C=1304
If you are unable to install QuickBooks updates and wondering what error is promoting this problem, then you can check the below-given symptoms:
• An active Window crashes with the error when error message 1304 appears.
• The command entered by the mouse or keyboard is received sluggishly by the system.
• QuickBooks stops working, and you may not be able to finish an ongoing process.
• Interruption in the QuickBooks installation due to external factors.
How To Fix QuickBooks Error Code C=1304?
If you are wondering how to eradicate QuickBooks error C=1304, the below-given solutions can help:
Also Read – How to Change Company Name in QuickBooks
Solution 1: Install QuickBooks From Your System’s Local Storage
If you are having trouble with the QuickBooks installation process, you can get it done by running the executable file from your system’s local storage. Below are the steps:
• Insert the CD inside your system’s CD ROM.
• If you notice that the installation starts automatically, click on the Quit option.
• After that, right-click on any point on your Desktop and hover your cursor on the New option.
• Here, you need to select the Folder option.
• Thereafter, name the selected folder as QuickBooks.
• Once done, open Windows File Explorer and double-click on CD Drive.
• Now press CTRL + A keys and copy the files by pressing CTRL + C keys together.
• Moving ahead, open the QuickBooks folder and paste all the copied files into it (CTRL + V).
• After copying all the files to the folder, click on the setup.exe file to start the installation procedure.
• Follow the on-instructions carefully and then check if the QuickBooks error C=1304 is resolved. If not, move to the next solution.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317
Solution 2: Share The CD-ROM From a Different Computer When On Network
If you are unable to install the program using CD directly, follow the below-given steps:
• Insert your QuickBooks installation CD into a different computer when you are on a network.
• If you see the installation to be started automatically, click the Quit option on the installation window.
• Next, open Windows File Manager, right-click the CD-ROM, and select Sharing and Security from the drop-down list.
• Mark the checkbox for the Share this Folder.
• After that, click Apply button and then OK.
• Now, right-click the My Computer icon, and select Computer Name.
• Thereafter, you need to hit Full Computer Name.
• Once done, press Windows + R key to open the run box on the computer where you want to install QuickBooks.
• Now in the Run box, Type \\(name of the computer having the QuickBooks CD).
• Click Enter and double-click the letter of the drive that has the CD.
• In the end, double-click the setup file to initiate the installation process.
If the QuickBooks error C=1304 persists, try the next solution.
Solution 3: Run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
If the above-described solutions don’t bring luck to the error resolution, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool to fix the installation error. Below are the steps:
• Go to Intuit’s official website and download QuickBooks Tool Hub with the latest version available for it.
• Save the downloaded file to a suitable location and then open it to start the installation.
• Follow the on-screen instructions after running the executable file and agree to the terms and conditions.
• When the tool hub is installed, open it and go through the list of program issues.
• Click Installation Issues and then run QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
• Wait for the tool to scan and repair the common installation issues related to the program.
• Check if the QuickBooks error 1304 is resolved by implementing these steps.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error 15240
The solutions described in this post can help you eradicate the QuickBooks error C=1304. If you need additional help with the execution of the solutions, reach out to the experts and describe your issues to an expert. After that, you can get one-on-one assistance with the error resolution.