Don’t matter whether you are downloading QuickBooks for the first time or running the process of upgrading QuickBooks; Errors may keep coming in between. EXEAdapter Error or QuickBooks Error 61686 is the error that arises mainly at the time of update or installation of QuickBooks. For some of you who have tackled this error and those who don’t know what this error is, we are going to cover everything about this error.
Let’s introduce the possible reasons for the emergence of the EXEAdapter error, and it’s explanation before proceeding to the methods to troubleshoot it.
Possible Reasons for the Emergence of Error Code 61686 QuickBooks
Corruption of the Microsoft .NET Framework is the prime cause for the origination of this QuickBooks Error. But it is not a fact that this is the only reason. Here, we listed all the possible reasons responsible behind QuickBooks Error code 61686 are:
- Availability of the older version of Microsoft .NET Framework on your device.
- When there is the absence of a Framework.xml file from your system.
- Disturbance in installing QuickBooks, especially with one segment, i.e., Microsoft .NET Framework.
- In the scenario of any malware or virus attack on your system’s window.
Read Also: Query Processing Error QuickBooks
Explanation of QuickBooks Error 61686
QuickBooks Error code 61686 is regarded as the ExeAdapter Error. This error in QuickBooks only pops up when you try to install or update QuickBooks. When you go for the installation of QuickBooks, the installer settles all the file, but Microsoft .NET Framework gets distorted. This file corruption is the root cause of the origination of the 61686 error of QuickBooks.
If you imagine how you will understand QuickBooks Error 61686, see the statement below. When you open QuickBooks and have this on screen – “we sorry! Something went wrong with your installation. EXEAdapter error: InstallExe method received the system error from create process, command-“c:\user\asaeed\appdata\local\temp\premier_us27r1\ thirdparty\dotnet46\ndp46-kb3045557-x86-x64-allos-enu.exe”\q\norestart\chainingpackage QuickBooks system message – The component store has been corrupted” then understand that QuickBooks Error 61686 is there.
Know How to Fix QuickBooks Error 61686
First Method: Do Repair your M.S .NET Framework
Disturbance in the .NET Framework as such is the most common factor that brings the emergence of QuickBooks Error 61686. Sometimes, it becomes impossible to repair this thing, and you need to follow the given steps one-by-one.
- To begin the process, ensure that you close all the running programs on the device including the tab of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Next to this, go straight away to the start menu.
- Look for the control panel and open it without any buffer.
- Now, go to “Programs and Features” and select “Uninstall a Program” from the menu.
- Reach to the option of turning on or off the window features.
- In that, pick the option of .NET Framework.
- There is a quick need to inspect the setting for .NET Framework 4.5 or later and for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
- In the case of 4.5 or later .NET Framework, just click on the box in front of it to start the process.
- Tap on “Ok” so that process will run up.
- If this checkbox is already marked, unmark it by clicking on it.
- Next to all of this, restart your admin system and visit .NET Framework 4.5.
- When you finish all this, install QuickBooks, and in case of popping up of any error on the screen, try to update again.
- In the end, run a check through whether QuickBooks Error 61686 gets fixed up or not. If not, then jump on to the next step with no delay.
Second Method: Change the name of the Framework.xml file
If the first method isn’t working to eliminate the error code 61686 QuickBooks, you must consider the second method. The steps for this highlighted method are listed below:
- Firstly, you need to visit the QuickBooks folder. You can spot this folder in the temporary folder because of the incomplete installation due to an error.
- Start the Run window by pressing Windows + R keys simultaneously through your Keyboard.
- You will witness the run window before you enter “temp” and press the enter key.
- The spot where all the temporary folders get created pops up on the screen.
- Search for the QuickBooks folder and open it.
- Navigate to the find tool and explore the Framework.xml file.
- Once you get the file, right-click on it to rename it.
- Please make the addition of .OLD at the end of the file name.
- The requirement of the next step is downloading a new Framework.xml file again from the Internet.
- When you download it, ensure it copies in that folder of QuickBooks.
- Lastly, install QuickBooks one more time and examine whether the QuickBooks Error code 61686 persists.
Third Method: Take the Use of QuickBooks Instal Diagnostics Tool
QuickBooks Instal Diagnostics Tool is easily downloadable from Intuit. It is very beneficial sometimes as it consists of resolving issues in the Microsoft components. If you are a Rookie in taking usage of QuickBooks Instal Diagnostics Tool, execute the steps below without any hesitation.
- Download this tool from the main website of Intuit.
- When downloading the file, double-click on it to begin the installation process.
- After this, open the tool and get started with the repair process.
In case of not find the QuickBooks Instal Diagnostics Tool helpful enough to settle QuickBooks Error 61686, jump to the next step.
Fourth Method: Update your window to the latest version
An outdated window version can be the foremost reason why the error 61686 of QuickBooks arises. It is because of the old features of the window that it is not compatible or supportable enough to run QuickBooks. It is thus suggested that you update the window regularly or every time whenever a new update comes up. If you are thinking of how to fix QuickBooks Error 61686 by updating the version of Windows, then don’t worry, as it is given here. All you need to do is witness it and apply.
- Walk with the process by entering Windows + R to open the Run window on your system.
- File the control panel in the empty box of the run window and press enter.
- When you reach the control panel, click “Window Update,” If you can’t see it, search for it. The search tool is given at the top of this page.
- When you clicked on it, and it gets opened up, select the option “Check for Updates.
• If there are any window updates, click on all of them to get the download or install it on your stem.
- After the period of the conclusion of updating the window, restart your system and give it another shot to update QuickBooks Desktop again.
With this last method, we have reached this article’s end. We did list all the possible solutions to resolve QuickBooks Error 61686. We hope that by implementing all these given procedures, you can get free from the frustration you get after encountering error code 61686 of QuickBooks. If you need more assistance regarding any query or issue, call us without having a second thought at 123456789. We are glad to assist you and bring you out of the circumstances you are stuck in.