Certainly, QuickBooks is indeed quite significant for many people, but most people encounter too many glitches or errors while using it. So, we are here taking one of those errors to explain it in detail. QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218 is the error we discuss here with its symptoms, causes, and troubleshooting methods.
Let’s start this article by knowing what type of error this is. How does it arrive, and how can we eradicate it permanently?
An Introduction to QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218
Generally, people face too many bugs or difficulties while using QuickBooks, but sometimes they don’t know the error. QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218 is an error that appears when any user tries to download a particular Payroll update. There is not a single reason that is responsible for the emergence of Error Code 15218.
Look below till the end of the article to know everything about this error.
Possible reasons responsible for QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218
Before taking a deep dive into the solutions of this Payroll Error Code 15218 QuickBooks, you should be aware of why this error was born. By knowing the reasons for the emergence, you can know about the mistakes that go on the path of this error. Hence, it is significant to know about these reasons; take a read:
- When .ND file gets damaged, corrupted, and harmed for any reason.
- Issues in the QBCF monitor also came behind this error of QuickBooks.
- A restriction is laid down by Firewall blocking the QuickBooks updates and pops up as a 15218 error.
- In cases where the settings of the Internet isn’t fixed or accurate.
- Sometimes Internet functions fail to properly check or store the digital signature; this error will pop up.
Read Also: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 61686
Symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error Code 15218
Don’t know what it looks like when QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218 appears. So, we are here to assist you. We list all the possible symptoms responsible for the emergence of the 15218 error of QuickBooks. So take a look at those pointers carefully.
- In case any damage happens to the system when the program is running.
- At the time when computer has become unanswerable or dead.
- No response is coming back from the system while giving it continuous commands with the help of a mouse or keyboard and anything else.
- When any of the random programs or application gets crashed frequently.
- In the instance when the system becomes slow or choppy.
- While running and using QuickBooks, an error message was “unable to verify the digital signature”. It indicates the origin of Payroll Error Code 15218 QuickBooks.
Know the tactic to resolve QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218
By now, you already know the causes and symptoms of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218. So, it is now the turn of all the relevant troubleshooting ways to eradicate this error. Stay on one at a time, and don’t leave anyone mid-way by skipping to the other one.
First Way: Update in QuickBooks that only in the safe mode
As soon as you update your QuickBooks, you save yourself from the technical error that appears before you. Apart from this, you can get an impeccable interface after the update, so everything in your respect becomes new. The detailed steps to the same are highlighted here:
- Sit in front of your System and continuously hit F8 so that the option of Advanced Boot appears up.
- Then, you must choose the option, i.e., “Safe Mode with Networking”.
- Now, it’s time to open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- As soon as QuickBooks opens up, press on the “Help” button and then on the option, i.e., Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Instantly after this, click on Update Now.
- At last, select the option “Get Updates” to start the process of downloading the updates that are there.
- Now, all you need to do is sit back or relax and wait till the updates get downloaded.
- When you get finished with the process, click on Close.
Second Way: Act of Installation of the latest digital Signature certificate
Fake or Obsolete digital Signature is also why Payroll Error Code 15218 QuickBooks pops up on your screen. Thus, you must install or upload the latest digital signature. If you don’t know how to do it, then follow the stated below steps:
- Drive:/Program Files/Intuit/QuickBooks/QBW32.exe Follow this and reach this place.
- Then right-click on that file of QuickBooks and select the option “properties”.
- A tab named “Digital Signature” is placed before you, so click on it.
- Pick the choice “Intuit Inc.” and tap on details.
- Now move forward to the Digital Signature details and afterward on the option to View Certificates.
- Click on Install certificate exists in the certificate section without carrying a second thought.
- Succeedingly, hit on Next and then on the finish to conclude the process.
Third Way: Make the addition of Intuit to the list of the Trusted Website
Fix QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218 by including Intuit in the Internet Explorer list of trusted websites. The steps to do this, as mentioned above, are as follows:
- Press Windows and R keys from your keyboard together to open the run window.
- In that window, type “iexplore” and press OK so that Interner Explorer will get open.
- A gear option is available in the top right corner, click on it and select Internet options.
- Subsequently, tap on the security button.
- “Trusted Sites” is an option appearing up there; you must click on it.
- https://www.intuit.com/ and https://www.intuit.ca/; type the first one if you use the American version. Likewise, fill in the second and one in case of using the Canadian version of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now, you have to ensure that the option needed to check the server (https:) for all sites in this zone gets checked.
- Please close every option that is still open in front of you.
- End the process by selecting the “OK” button.
Fourth Way: To disable the shield of the Firewall for a temporary basis
Firewalls sometimes become the reason that makes certain functionalities of QuickBooks stop. So, it is recommended to stop the firewall protection temporarily.
- Click on the start menu and then fill in “Firewall”.
- Then select “Windows Firewall”.
- After this, the need to fulfill, i.e., to turn off the Microsoft Defender Firewall with Network Types, comes.
Fifth Way: Perform a process of clean installation of QuickBooks
If anything doesn’t happen by implying the above-given steps, go ahead with the clean installation of QuickBooks. Three parts are there in this process: Uninstallation, renaming the QuickBooks folder, and installing QuickBooks again. There are two ways present for doing the same thing.
- A manual procedure by using the Control Panel
- And by taking the usage of QuickBooks Clean Install tool.
To know the detailed steps for the same thing, please refer to the below-given pointers.
- Reach the option of Control Panel and then navigate down to Advance or Programs.
- Choose QuickBooks and tap on Uninstall/Change tab.
- Then, proceed further with the uninstallation process without any discrepancy.
- After completing the above-stated steps, instantly make your way to the QuickBooks Folder to rename it so that it can’t take place in the new installation process of QuickBooks.
- Finished with the folder rename, go directly to re-install the QuickBooks.
- Take the usage of the original or real license and product keys for the case of registration and activation.
Sixth way: Examine and settle down the incorrect Internet Settings
If you have already applied all the steps above, but no benefit is coming up; then understand that some issues might prevail in Internet Settings only.
- Start the procedure by closing QuickBooks and all other applications that remain open n your device.
- Then, open Internet Explorer and go to the “Internet Option” menu to continue the process.
- The “Advanced” tab is the next stop; promptly scroll down with your mouse to spot the “Security” tab.
- Click on the boxes for “Use SSL 2.0” and “Use SSL3.0” to check them all.
- A box also is present with the name “Check for publisher’s certificate revocation“ that also needs to be checked.
- Place your cursor one by one on the “Apply” and “OK” buttons.
- Ultimately go to do a computer restart and then update QuickBooks again.
In a Nutshell..!
All the methods that are vital in eliminating the existence of QuickBooks Payroll Error 15218 are given here. Undoubtedly, there are fixed reasons, and symptoms are also the same. You just need to go through the article carefully without any discrepancies. If you have your mind filled with any doubts or issues, you can reach out to us freely. Just call us at +1-855-701-2729, or you can also mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.