Certainly, it is true that too many traits exist in QuickBooks, but it is also not negligible that it is loaded with errors as well. Here, we are talking about one of those too-common errors, and the error is denoted by QuickBooks error 1601.
Scroll until the last line, as everything revolves around this error only. It wouldn’t fall on your side when you leave anything from this write-up, so read everything carefully.
A Little bit about QuickBooks Error 1601
QuickBooks Error 1601 comes up on the screen when users try to install or update their QuickBooks. When you face this error, an error message will also appear on the screen. The error message looks like, “Error 1601: Windows Installer is not accessible.”
Causes Responsible for the Arrival of QuickBooks Error 1601
Many causes are responsible for the emergence of the 1601 error, so it is better to know the causes before the troubleshooting methods. Understanding the causes of the problem will only give you an idea of how to fix QuickBooks Error 1601. Below the given pointers are the causes of this specified error.
- Incompleteness or presence of any flaw in the update or installation process of QuickBooks.
- Due to insufficient space on the disk available in your System.
- Existence of any issues regarding the Windows Installer.
- Hindrances occur in the installation of QuickBooks by Antivirus or inaccurate firewall settings.
- Existence of this error by Malware or any type of unknown virus.
- When any of the QuickBooks Installation damage files get corrupted or damaged.
- In the scenario of using an outdated or incompatible Windows operating system.
And if you don’t know when this error arises, you have to read the symptoms as well. Here we are listing the indications that you must understand that you are encountering a 1601 error in QuickBooks.
- When you find that your Windows OS gets hung when you are working.
- The reception of your instruction through the mouse and keyboard is very slow.
- For instance, if QuickBooks gets crashes or not working properly.
Solutions to Resolve QuickBooks Error 1601
If your mind gets stuck with questions like “How to fix QuickBooks Error 1601?” if you are in search of an answer to this query then apply solutions listed below one at a time and the accordingly move forward. All these alternatives are given in a certain order, so all you need to do is apply all of those individually. You have to shift to the next option when the error persists even after applying one solution.
Read Also: How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 143
First Solution: Do the Registration again to the Window Installer
Registering the Window Installer again is the demand of this solution. So to attain this end, you can follow these given procedures.
- Press “Windows + R” together instantly the “Run” dialogue box will pop up in front of you.
- Fill in the search field “Command Prompt” followed by enter button.
- A new window will open, enter “missed/unreg,” and then hit enter as usual.
- “OK” is the newt stop you need to click after witnessing the confirmation prompt.
- If all this happens, press “Windows + R” again to open the “Run” dialogue box.
- You need to execute a similar thing: enter “Command prompt” and enter.
- In the “command prompt” box, fill exe/regserver” and click on enter key.
- When any option comes, click “OK,” and then do it without thinking about anything else.
Second Solution: Disabling Antivirus that Existed in the System
Turning off or disabling the Antivirus isn’t a long process, so it doesn’t take too much of your time. If you don’t know how to proceed, you can take the help of the below-listed pointers.
- Firstly, hit the start button to begin the solution.
- After that, follow the procedure, i.e., Settings – Update & Security – Window Security – Virus & Threat Protection – Manage Settings or Virus & Threat Protection Services. Here you can find the option of “Real-Time Protection” to switch even if it is activated,
Note: By implementing this solution, you can’t be able to have the scheduled scans of the app, docs, and many other things. Along with this, if you think there is s need for scanning, you need to perform it individually.
Third Solution: Fasten MS.NET Framework
Step No. 1: Directly go for installing Diagnostic Tool in QuickBooks
- Reach the official website of Intuit and download QuickBooks Instal Diagnostic Tool.
- Close all the opened programs and download QBIntsall Tool v2.exe by double-clicking on it. You have to wait until the process is complete, and it will take 15-20 minutes.
- Once this process gets done, reboot your System, which will upgrade all the segments properly without any hidden flaws.
Step No. 2: Need to upgrade Windows OS
- Start your System and then choose the Windows button.
- Fill in Windows update in the search bar on the top left side of the page, and select “Look for updates”.
Fourth Solution: Go ahead to Execute Installation of QuickBooks Again
- Here as well, start navigation to the control panel.
- A drop-down menu will appear; you must tap Programs from this list.
- Now, go ahead with the option of uninstalling this application of QuickBooks from the option that appears up.
- Multiple choices are presented to you regarding QuickBooks Software inquiry.
- As a result of this, you have the alternative of downloading or installing QuickBooks again.
- Once done with this, you have successfully tackled the 1601 error of QuickBooks.
Fifth Solution: Clean the installation of QuickBooks
Sometimes, several issues arise while using QuickBooks, and there is no means through which you can get rid of them. Thus, in that case, you need to go for a clean install of QuickBooks. No need to worry about anything in this scenario as there is no involvement of any type of data takes place.
To kick QuickBooks out of Windows, you need to follow these given steps:
- Proceed to download the QuickBooks installer that is compatible with the version of your QuickBooks Desktop.
- Try to gain the license number of your QuickBooks Software. And if you bought it online, then pay a visit to your mail and look in the product description.
- Along with the license number, note down the year and version of your QuickBooks software.
- Then, go to the start menu and open the control panel.
- “Uninstall a Program” is the next option you must look for.
- As soon as you click on it, a list of the whole programs in your System will appear on the screen. Make the selection of “QuickBooks” software out of these programs.
- After choosing it, go with “uninstall/change” from the menu that appears next.
- Pick “remove” from the options.
- And at last, “Next” from the last menu that came up.
It can be hoped that if you successfully apply all of these steps, you can easily use your QuickBooks Software without any hindrance.
Sixth Solution: Inspect for the latest updates for your System
Everything supports wells and works flawlessly when your System is updated to the latest version. So, due to this, it becomes your responsibility to ensure that your system remains up to date.
By keeping in mind this thought, windows consecutively launch updates to enhance the functionality, and if you don’t download them on time, you have to face the consequences of QuickBooks Error 1601. Hence, always scan for new updates and then go for it whenever it comes to avoid falling into the situation of facing too many errors in QuickBooks.
Seventh Solution: Assistance of QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
Eradicate QuickBooks error 1601 with the help of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool. For this, read and apply the instructions one by one:
- To start with this solution, correct the data corruption with the assistance of the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
- Afterward, you must install the available updates for your Windows drivers & OS that you must entertain.
- Finally, settle .NET Framework by referring to the third solution highlighted in this write-up.
Eighth Solution: Examine to Confirm that the Window Installer is Disabled
- In the beginning, time, click on the Start menu.
- Enter MSC in the blank space on the top and then put your finger on the enter key.
- Make your way toward the local services when it appears on the screen.
- Subsequently, perform a right-click on the window installer and then go ahead with the properties.
- Now, navigate to the startup type to verify whether the window installer is disabled.
- Reach the next state, and you have to click on the option named “manual.”
- Service Status is the stop where you need to take another stop, and after that, click on the option to start again.
- Once done by performing these steps, the window installer becomes active again.
- To conclude this solution, run the process of installing QuickBooks again.
We have covered every troubleshooting method possible to eradicate the existence of QuickBooks Error 1601. Multiple methods are given to get rid of this error. Along with these, the reasons that trigger this 1601 error are also listed here. We hope you will take care of error 1601 of QuickBooks by applying the methods here. Besides this, call us at +1-855-701-2729 or mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are facing trouble implementing the steps or understanding anything in this write-up.