QuickBooks error 143 occurs in your QuickBooks when you try to execute the SQL statement on your QBDT using the Web Connector. There is not much information present on the internet regarding this error. However, if this error is not resolved early, it might create major issues for the Users. Thus it is important to understand the reason that provokes such an error in your System, along with the steps to rectify it effortlessly.
For Quick Assistance in rectifying QuickBooks Error Code 143, dial @ +1-855-701-2729, and grab help from the QuickBooks expert immediately.
What causes QuickBooks Error 143?
The only known reason that evokes the 143 error in QuickBooks is the execution of SQL statements on the QuickBooks Desktop with the help of Web Connector.
What are the Signs and Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 143?
In case you are confused about the QuickBooks Error Code 143, then here are a few signs and symptoms that you can check to find if you are encountering this issue in your System or not.
- Your Window get freezes.
- The QuickBooks stops answering your Command.
- All the background running apps will get shut down.
- QuickBooks crashes on a regular basis.
- The System stops responding to your Input.
- QuickBooks responds slowly or sluggishly.
How to fix QuickBooks Error 143?
Once you are sure about the error, let’s move ahead and learn the steps to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code 143:
1st Solution: Rename the File
Whenever you encounter QuickBooks Error 143, you first have to rename the File. Follow the steps to do so:
- Firstly, Quit QuickBooks.
- Next, Disable the Web Connector.
Note: Web Connector is an app made for Windows introduced by Intuit to exchange data with QuickBooks Desktop Products.
- Head to C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QBWebConnector\log.
- Thereafter, modify the name of this File from QWCLOG.TXT to QWCLOGOLD.TXT.
- Now, enable the Web Connector, and access it. This will recreate the QWCLOG.TXT file.
- Again, you have to Close the QuickBooks Desktop and turn it on as well.
Now, check if the error is fixed now.
2nd Solution: Delete and Reinstall QuickBooks
If the last one doesn’t work in your favor, then uninstall QuickBooks to resolve its issues.
- In the beginning, open your System using the Admin rights.
- Thereafter, select the Start Button.
- Next, head to the Windows File Explorer, and follow the path: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooksDesktop\YourCompanyName.qbw.
- Now, you have to copy the data from there and save it to some other location in the local drive.
- Move ahead by closing the File Explorer.
- After that, another prompt will appear on the Screen, where you have to select the Install Now button.
- This prompt will notify you that QuickBooks Desktop is already present in your System.
- The prompt will also give you an option to Reinstall QBDT.
- Follow the instructions present on your Screen to complete the reinstallation process.
- Once you reinstall the software, you can see an updated request on your Screen regarding the QuickBooks Components, updated all of them.
- Now, open QuickBooks and verify if the error is resolved.
We assume that this blog will help you in fixing Error 143 in your System. However, if you need any professional advice or help related to QuickBooks, simply get in touch with our professionals. These QuickBooks Experts are highly skilled with years of experience. So you can reach out to them to resolve all your issues.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Question 1: What are the symptoms of QuickBooks Error 143?
Answer: The few main signs of occurrence of 143 in your System are:
- The system stops responding to your Command.
- QuickBooks behave sluggishly.
- Your Window Freezes Frequently.
- QuickBooks show no response to any of your Commands.
- Other background programs shut down automatically.
Question 2: What is Web Connector in QuickBooks?
Answer: Web Connector is a Windows Program by Intuit that permits web-based apps to share their data with QuickBooks Desktop products. It is mainly made for Microsoft Windows users.
Question 3: How to Turn off the Web Connector?
Answer: Turning off Web Connector will help you in fixing the QuickBooks error code 143 in your System. To do so, check the mentioned steps:
- Initiate the process by clicking on the Start option.
- Thereafter hit on the All Programs button, and click on the Startup key.
- Now follow the instructions present on your Screen.
- Next, right-click on Exchange Data with the Web Services option.
- After that, choose the Delete tab, and select Yes to turn off the QuickBooks web Connector.