Are you thinking to switch to QuickBooks Desktop 2022 to handle your accounting tasks? If yes, you must verify whether your system fulfills the basic requirements to install the application. Moreover, system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop are also required to run the software seamlessly on your operating system.
Furthermore, review the entire post if you require in-depth information about the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 System Requirement.
Want to gather more details about the system requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022? Call us at @ +1-855-701-2729 and talk to our professionals to clarify all your doubts within no time.
A Gist About the System Specifications for the QuickBooks Desktop 2022
System requirements play a crucial role as it helps the software to run smoothly on your device. Therefore, it is necessary to fulfill the basic system requirement to operate the application seamlessly on your device.
1. Operating Systems:-
As per the latest update, it has been announced that Microsoft will not offer any security updates or support for Windows 8.1 after Jan 10, 2023. So, for your data security and safety, we advise you to upgrade them to a supported version before you move on with installing QuickBooks.
The following operating system supports QuickBooks Desktop 2022; let’s explore it.
- Windows 11 and Windows 10 of the 64-bit editions must be natively installed.
- Also, it is supported by the Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 R2, and 2012 of the Standard and Essential editions.
2. Database Servers:-
- Windows Servers (natively installed):-
The database servers that support the Windows operating system are as follows:
- Windows Server 2019, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012 R2, and Windows Server 2012 for the Standard & Essentials editions.
- Also, it supports the Windows operating systems such as Windows 10 and 8.1.
- Linux Servers:-
◦ It supports the Linux servers like OpenSuse Leap 15.1 and 15.2.
◦ Moreover, it also works best on Fedora 31, 32, and Red Hat Enterprise 8 (RHEL 8).
3. Browser Requirements:-
To run the QuickBooks Desktop 2022 seamlessly on your device, one must have a strong internet connection. Also, it works with the Internet Explorer 11 of 32-bit.
Also Read – How to Fix QuickBooks Error Code 6147,0
4. Hardware and Operating System Requirements For QuickBooks Desktop 2022
You must check that your computer has a minimum processor of 2.4 GHz.
It is a must that your device must have 8 GB of minimum storage space. Moreover, it is advised to have 16 GB of RAM to run the application properly.
- Server RAM Requirements:-
If the QuickBooks Desktop is used by the 1-5 users, then you require 8 GB RAM. Also, 12 GB RAM is required for 10 users, 16 GB for 15 users, and 20 + GB RAM for 20 users.
- Disk Space:-
A minimum of 2.5 GB of disk space is required, but additional space should also be available for data files. The Additional software requires 60 MB for the Microsoft .NET 4.8 Runtime along with its installation files. Apart from this, the Intuit Data Protect in QuickBooks connected services offerings require a minimum of 4 GB RAM.
Moreover, it also requires twice the size of the largest file set to backup and 100 MB or twice the size to restore.
- It works best with the North American version of Windows.
- Check that the regional settings are set to English.
- You must require the proper administrative rights for the server computer while hosting multi-user mode.
- Users can install it in a traditional way, and there is no requirement for a virtual environment or emulation software.
• Optical Drive:-
You can also install the QuickBooks Desktop using a 4 X DVD-ROM.
• Screen Resolution:-
Make sure the screen resolution is 1280 X 1024 or higher than this with up to 2 extended monitors. Moreover, you must set the default DPI settings according to your device.
5. Other Hardware Devices:-
For instance, if you utilize the Warehouse Manager in the QuickBooks Desktop mobile application, the following devices are supported:
1. Zebra TC20/TC25/TC51 Mobile Computer is advised for the Andriod 4.4 and above users.
2. It also supports Zebra MC40 Mobile Computer (Andriod 4.4 and above users.
On the other hand, the QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise 22.0 also works well with the following hardware devices.
1. Honeywell Voyager 1602g Pocket Barcode Scanner.
2. Socket Mobile CHS 71
3. Symbol CS3070
6. Software Compatibility for the QuickBooks Desktop 2022:-
- It works best with Microsoft Office 2019 and 2016, including Outlook 2016, on 32 and 64-bit editions. Moreover, it also supports Office 2013 and 365, consisting of Outlook 2013 on 32-bit and 64-bit editions.
- To export the reports, you must have Microsoft Excel 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365, comprising a 64-bit edition.
- Moreover, to synchronize the contacts with Microsoft Outlook, you must have Microsoft Outlook 2019 (32-bit), 2016, or 2013.
- For preparing the letters, you must have Microsoft Word 2019, 2016, 2013, or Microsoft 365 (consisting of 64-bit)
- The email estimates, forms, and invoices work well with the Microsoft Outlook 2016-2019 and Microsoft Outlook with Microsoft 365. Also, it works well with Outlook.com as well as other SMTP-supporting email clients.
Other Software Compatibility:-
Here, we have mentioned all the other software with which QuickBooks Desktop is compatible.
- QuickBooks Point of Sale V19.0 and V18.0, TurboTax 2021 (Personal and Business Purpose), Lacerete 2021, and Pro-Series tax year 2021.
- It is compatible with the Quicken versions 2021, 2020, 2019, 2018, 2017, and 2016.
- Moreover, it also works well on QuickBooks For Mac versions 2022, 2021, 2020, and 2019.
- You can utilize Adobe Acrobat Reader for a business planner, payroll, and reviewing forms.
- It also supports payroll, other online features, and services that require a proper internet connection with a minimum of 56 kbps speed.
- This application supports sending emails to Gmail, Yahoo, Windows Mail, Hotmail, and AOL.
7. Antimalware and Antivirus Software Compatibility:-
It has been found that the QuickBooks Desktop Pro and Premier 2022, and Enterprise 22.0 works well with the following antimalware and antivirus software.
It supports antimalware software like Bitdefender, AVG, Malwarebytes, Spybot, Emsisoft, McAfee, Avast, Webroot, ZoneAlarm, Kaspersky, and F-secure.
It supports the antivirus software: McAfee, Avast, Bitdefender, Norton, Kaspersky, Trend Micro Security, and Webroot. Moreover, it also works well with ESET, Panda Dome, Avira, Sophos, Symantec, and F-secure.
We hope that by going through this post, you learned why it is important to meet the basic system requirement for QuickBooks Desktop 2022. However, if you require any further assistance, you can connect with our professionals through the live chat facility.