Have you ever been stuck in such a situation when you can’t access your company file? If yes, then the question might evoke in your mind why this happens. Well, this situation arises due to the occurrence of QuickBooks Error 6147, 0. This error might pop up on the user’s screen due to the damaged or corrupted data files. Whenever the error occurs, it throws the following error message stating:
“We’re sorry. QuickBooks couldn’t open your file.
We’ll try to fix the problem. Click Start to begin.
If the problem continues, contact support for assistance and report error codes: (-6147, 0)”
Factors That Give Rise To QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0
Usually, the users might come across QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 due to the corrupted Windows Registry. Besides this, there are plenty of other factors that are responsible for this error, we have discussed a few of them below.
- Sometimes, it may occur when Windows Firewall obstructs QuickBooks from accessing the data file.
- In other instances, it may happen when you have changed the data file location that QuickBooks fails to access.
- The name of the QuickBooks data file contains the characters than actually allowed.
- You are using the QuickBooks Desktop version that is not in use anymore.
- Damaged or corruption in the .ND (Network Data) and .TLG (Transaction Log File).
Indications of the Occurrence of Error Code 6147 in QuickBooks
Whenever the QuickBooks Error 6147 arises, the user strikes with the following signs:
- The users fail to access the QuickBooks company file.
- Windows operating system starts working lethargically and stops reverting to your commands.
- You might experience that the QuickBooks Desktop stops responding or working.
- An active window begins to freeze or shut down simultaneously.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 15203
Learn More About How To Fix QuickBooks Error 6147, 0
Now, let’s look upon the quick resolution methods to overcome QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0.
Procedure 1: Change the Name of Both the .ND and .TLG Files
Network data files and traction log files are the configuration files that encourage QuickBooks to access the data file over the network. However, if there is presence of damage or corruption in any of these files, it will allow QuickBooks to proceed further. So, it is crucial to assign new names to the .ND and the .TLG files by applying the steps listed below.
- Initially, move to the folder where you stored QuickBooks files after the installation.
- After this, look for the files having the file extension .ND and .TLG. These files look similar to the company files.
- Once you get these files, right-click on the .TLG and .ND one by one by choosing the Rename option.
- Furthermore, add .OLD at the end of these file names.
- At last, save the name of both these files and then try to launch the QuickBooks files.
Procedure 2: Verify the Location of Your Company File
At times, users might end up with QuickBooks Error Code 6147, 0 due to the wrong company file location. Therefore, to fix the issue it is essential to check the location of the data path by applying these steps below:
- Launch the QuickBooks application to commence the process and hit the F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Thereafter, you must copy the company file location mentioned in the File Information section.
- Access the file location and ensure that the company file is still available in the QuickBooks folder. If it’s unavailable, look for the company file from the Search Programs and Files search box.
- After this, insert “.qbw” within the search field, and once the system displays all the fields with the .qbw file extension, right-click on the data file.
- Furthermore, choose the highlighted Open File Location option and transfer the company file to the required folder.
Procedure 3: Shut Down All the QuickBooks Processes
- Start the process by signing into your system using the proper administrator credentials.
- After this, launch the Task Manager using the shortcut keys i.e, Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
- Move towards the Processes tab, which will display the processes for all the users from the Users section.
- From all the active processes, opt for the QBW32.exe, qbupdate.exe, and qbdbmgr.exe.
- Now, you must right-click on each of these processes and tap the End Task option.
- At last, try to launch the company file in the multi-user mode and check whether the error still exists.
Wrapping It Up!!
This is all about QuickBooks Error 6147, 0 and hope that you may find this post helpful in resolving this error. However, if you are still experiencing this error, then consult with our professionals through live chat facility. You may also send a message consisting of your query and get simple solutions to fix the error.