Stumbled upon an error while updating or installing your QuickBooks Software? Well, this can happen due to QuickBooks Error 1310. This problem emerges out of nowhere but creates major issues for the users. Whenever a user encounter Error 1310 in QuickBooks, they receive an alert message on their screen that says:
“1310: Error writing to file: C:Config.Ms”.
It is the most common issue faced by QuickBooks users and can be resolved very easily by following a few steps that we have discussed in this Blog.
“Facing QuickBooks Error 1310 and need immediate technical assistance? Call QuickBooks Desktop Technical Support at +1-(855)-701-2729 and talk to one of our dedicated QB experts”
What are the Causes that Promote QuickBooks Error 1310?
Before moving further with the fixes, we first need to learn the cause that evokes QuickBooks Error 1310 evokes in your QuickBooks. This can help you in selecting the best solution.
- In case there is less storage available in the hard drive while installing the software.
- If the QuickBooks update seems like a security threat to your Firewall.
- It might also occur due to an inactive or unstable internet connection.
- If the Company File is damaged.
- In case the date or time set on your System is not accurate.
- Corrupted Hard-Drive sectors.
- If you try to update or install the QuickBooks software without Administrative Credentials.
- You might now have access to use the folder.
- There might be some issues while registering the Windows installer.
Also Read – System Requirements for QuickBooks Desktop 2022
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 1310?
In case you are still confused about Error 1310, then verify whether you are getting the following signs and symptoms on your device.
- Your System Freezes frequently.
- You will receive an error 1310 message on your screen.
- You might not be able to update or install the QuickBooks Program.
How to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 1310?
After having a clear understanding of QuickBooks Error Code 1310, we can now move ahead and learn the steps to rectify it.
Note: Before troubleshooting the error 1310, you have to ensure the given points:
- Verify that you have Admin rights on your System.
- Ensure that you have enough memory in your hard drive before you install the QuickBooks software so that no third-party software can create an obstacle.
- Install the QuickBooks Desktop program to some different drive.
- While installing or updating QuickBooks, ensure to turn off all the programs running behind, else restart Windows in Safe mode.
First Solution: Register the Microsoft Windows Installer again
Once you have fulfilled the above conditions, you have to Re-register the Microsoft Windows installer. It is a program that helps users in installing various apps on their Windows System.
- Initially, select Windows Start, and open the Search Box.
- Now, enter msiexec /unreg in the required field, and hit the ok button.
- Moving ahead, click on the Windows Start button again, and in the search box, write msiexec /regserver.
- Thereon, hit the Enter button.
- After that, try to install or update the QuickBooks Program again.
Second Solution: Utilize the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool From Tools Hub
To run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool, you have to install the Tool Hub first.
How to Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub?
- Turn off the QuickBooks software, and then go to Intuit’s official website.
- Look for the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub, and download it.
- Now, save it at an easily accessible location.
- Moving ahead, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file, and double-click on it to install the program.
- Follow the on-screen guide and agree to its terms & conditions as well.
- Now, once the installation of QuickBooks Tool Hub is done, double-click on its icon to open it in your System.
After installation of the tool hub, you have to use the Install Diagnostic Tool present in it.
How to Utilize Install Diagnostic Tool?
- Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub program.
- Now, look for the Installation Issues option.
- Moving ahead, choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool tab, and when it is downloaded, install it.
- Thereafter, open the Task Manager and close all the programs that are running on your System.
- Now, run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
Note: It might take 15-20 mins.
- Next, Restart your System and open the QuickBooks software.
Third Solution: Modify the User Account Settings (UAC)
User Account Settings is used to control the permission of a specific user to work with various programs in the device. Thus, you have to configure yourself on Windows UAC to have full command to use QuickBooks.
- Begin the process by pressing the Windows +R key and entering Control Panel in the Run dialog box.
- Thereafter select Ok.
- On the next page, select the User Account tab and hit on the Change User Account Control Settings option.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- On the next page, move the slider from Always Notify to Never Notify. This will disable the UAC.
- Moving ahead, select Ok.
- Lastly, restart your System.
Fourth Solution: Provide Full Administrative Access to the Windows Installer using Command Prompt
This step can be a bit tricky; thus, you can grab help from our QuickBooks experts by calling on our Toll-Free Number. However, if you want to do it by yourself, follow the instructions mentioned below:
- Select the Start button and enter Command Prompt.
- Now, right-click on the Command prompt that is present at the top.
- Choose Run as Administrator.
- Moving ahead, enter icacls “C:\Config.Msi”/T /C /grant administrators:F in the Command Prompt.
Note: Exchange the Folder name that is given in the command /Config.Msi/ with the folder in which you are receiving the error message.
- Tap on the Enter key, and exit the Command Prompt.
- Now, try to install the QuickBooks Program.
Here we are ending our Blog; we hope that you get the perfect solution to rectify QuickBooks Error 1310. However, if you get stuck at any stage, feel free to get connected with our QuickBooks Experts using the live chat option (Help box) given at the bottom of the page. Apart from that, you can also email your issues to our professional to receive a step-by-step guide.