QuickBooks error 6150, -1006 arises when the user tries to open the company’s file, but the system fails to do so. As you encounter this issue, users may face frequent crashes of window, along with an error message on your device that will appears as;
Well, in this blog post, we are going to enlist the impeccable solutions that you can execute step-by-step to troubleshoot the error. So, stay tuned and read this blog till the last word.
“Avail immediate help in dealing with QuickBooks error 6150, -1106 by speaking live with our QuickBooks experts via call at 1855-701-2729.”
What are the Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006?
Before we directly jump on to the solutions that you can follow to resolve the error, let’s understand the possible reasons due to why a user may encounter the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006;
• The damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company’s file is the primary reason due to why the error arises.
• If your PC is affected by malware threats, then it can lead to various technical glitches on your QuickBooks account.
• QuickBooks company’s file has a different extension name.
• The company file that you are trying to access is missing from your device, or has been deleted accidentally by the user.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 401
Ways to Identify QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006
Given below is the list of symptoms through which users can easily identify the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006;
• A pop-up display message appears on your device reflecting QuickBooks error 6150, -1006.
• Your PC is running slow or not responding to the user’s command.
• PC’s window suddenly starts lagging.
• QuickBooks desktop application is suddenly closed, and not opening after that.
• Facing issues in downloading the new updates of QuickBooks desktop application.
Troubleshooting Methods to Fix QuickBooks Error 6150, -1006
After having a clear understanding of the possible causes due to why the error arises, let’s move ahead, and discuss the troubleshooting methods that you can easily carry out step-by-step to terminate QuickBooks error code 6150, -1006;
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error Code 7300
Solution 1. Restore the Backup of QuickBooks Company’s File
The first solution that we suggest you to follow in order to terminate QuickBooks error code 6150 is recovering the backup of the QuickBooks company file. Given below are the steps that you can carry out step-by-step to recover the backup file;
• Firstly, launch the QuickBooks desktop application, and click on the “File” menu option.
• After that, as the drop-down menu appears on the screen, then select the “Open or Restore a Backup Copy” and click on the “Next” option.
• Thereon, you have to click on the “Local Backup” option, followed by selecting the “Next” option.
• Moving ahead, you have to select the location of the backup file from the drop-down list.
• Thereon, click on the “Backup File” option, followed by a click on the “Open” and “Next” option.
• Select the location where you want to restore the backup file, and provide a new name for the file in the name field.
• Here, the “Save as Type” field must be populate as “QuickBooks Files (*.QBW).
• Now, click on the “Save” option, and then the restoration process will start on your device.
• After that, you have to again click on the “Save” option to end the process.
Once you are done with the above-listed steps, then verify if the QuickBooks error code 6150 has been fixed or not.
Solution 2. Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is a brilliant tool that can be used to fix various issues with the company’s file. The file doctor tool will automatically search for the issues, and will fix them within a span of 3-4 minutes.
Given below are the steps that you can carry out to run QuickBooks file doctor tool on your device;
• First of all, users have to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub on their workstation.
• This tool can be downloaded from the official website of Intuit products.
• Once you have downloaded the tool on your device, then double click on the downloaded file to open it, and then keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool installed on your device.
• Launch the QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device, and then click on the “Company File Issues” tab which is available on the left panel of the screen.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Run QuickBooks Tool Hub” option which is available in the green color box.
• Thereon, click on the “Browse” option, and navigate to the location where the QuickBooks company file is saved.
• Select your company file, and then check-mark the “Check File Damage Only” option, followed by a click on the “Diagnose File” option.
• Now, the repairing process will start on your device.
As that process ends, then close all the background running applications, and launch QuickBooks desktop application to verify if the QuickBooks error 6150 has been terminated or not.
Also Read – Rectify QuickBooks Error 6094
Solution 3. Reinstall QuickBooks Software With Clean Install Tool
Last, but not the least solution that we suggest you to follow to fix QuickBooks error 6150, -1006 is re-installing the QuickBooks desktop application with the help of clean install tool. Here are the steps that you can carry out to do so;
• First of all, you have to move towards the “Control Panel” settings on your device.
• Secondly, you have to click on the “Uninstall a Program” option.
• Here, as the list of installed applications on your device appears on the screen, you have to search there for the “QuickBooks.”
• Now, select the QuickBooks application from the list, and then click on the “Uninstall/ Change” option.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Uninstall” option, and then keep following the on-screen instructions to get the tool uninstalled from your device.
• Once you are done with the above steps, then you have to download the install the QuickBooks Clean Install tool on your device.
• After that, click on the “I accept and Continue” option, and then choose the correct version of QuickBooks software that you wants to use, followed by a click on the “Continue” option.
• Thereon, click on the “OK” option, and install the QuickBooks desktop application on your device.
Once you are done with the above-listed steps, then run the QuickBooks software on your device, and check for the QuickBooks error 6150, -1006.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1926
That’s the end of this blog about how to fix QuickBooks error 6150. In case, if you are facing any issue in performing the above-listed steps, or if the error still persists, then you can get in touch with our technicians via email at email@example.com. Our experts are available 24*7 around the clock to attend your query, and assist you with the best feasible solution.