Several QB users have reported that they are receiving an error message, “QuickBooks error 80029c4a loading type library or DLL can’t restore a dynamic link,” when they try to access their QuickBooks software. Discuss this problem and recognize the excellent solutions through this blog.
QuickBooks 80029c4a error is an unexpected issue that primarily occurs when a user tries to access the QuickBooks company file. This problem is called a run-time error, and it happens due to various factors. Some reasons and troubleshooting steps are given below, through which you can resolve this problem. Suppose the problem has not been removed with these methods; you must call QuickBooks customer support number to get some appropriate tips.
Symptoms Behind QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Let’s begin with the possible factors behind this problem.
- Sluggish or slow Windows
- Crashed windows program
- System freezes for a few seconds
- Your computer program regularly gets damaged with
- QuickBooks error 80029c4a
- Slow response of Windows to a system mouse or keyboard input
- During program establishment, this problem may appear.
Factors Behind QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
A few reasons are listed below, which are responsible for QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
- Damaged, corrupted, or lost QB desktop files
- When a user can’t access QB software due to a damaged QuickBooks company file
- Many trojans file gets affected with corrupted QuickBooks desktop file
- An infection in the Windows registry
- An inaccurate establishment of QuickBooks Pro software
- An QuickBooks error 80029c4a happens during Windows start-up or shutdown during the establishment of the Windows operating system
- QB components don’t begin appropriately, or DLL files are damaged or corrupted
Troubleshooting Procedures to Rectify QuickBooks Error 80029c4a
Some rectifying procedures are given below to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 80029c4a. Go through solutions carefully to rectify this problem. You must be danger-free or observe experts assistance; then, our certified team is present to help you 24/7.
Method -1 Upgrade Avast Program and Virus Definition
- Firstly, look at the Antivirus definition and prepare all your programs to create an upgrade
Suppose you are utilizing another Antivirus program, then upgrade your antivirus first.
- Do a right-click on the Avast icon
- Choose upgrade option
- Tap on a Program button and then move through prompts to update your Avast Program
- Now, repeat the above steps one to three times and then select the Engine and Virus option.
Method – 2 Activate the Reboot.bat File
- First of all, switch off your QuickBooks desktop
- Now access the folder which you wish to reboot.bat File
- Provide one right-click on the logo symbolled as QuickBooks Desktop
- Now, choose Properties
- Do a single click on Access File Location
- Do a right-click on the Reboot.bat and choose Run As System Administrator
- Activate that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator
- It depends on the window folder optional settings file that observes as a bat, or reboot.bat
- Don’t shut down the window that appears as manually. It will turn down when your reboot.bat File gets completed.
- Finally, resume your system.
Method – 3 Confirm That Antivirus Program is Quarantined
- A few Antivirus program accidentally prevents QuickBooks from restoring the significant files
- Uninstall or Reinstall QuickBooks software in your system. It allows users to access your QB software successfully
Suppose you observe one of the programs listed in your quarantine, allow permission to move through your firewall.
- Most of these files are established in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)
- Files with (x86) in the location like C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX are 64-bit versions
Before following the above steps, you must consult with a certified technical person for your antivirus program.
Method – 4 Upgrade Your QuickBooks Desktop
- Firstly, the user is advised to reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
- After that, upgrade QuickBooks desktop with the latest version
- Move to the File menu and tap the Close Company or Log off option
- After that, press on File and move to Exit
- Confirm that you are using your system as System Administrator
- Always remember that no company open option is present on your desktop screen
- After that, move to the Help menu and then select the Update QuickBooks option
- Choose Options
- Choose Mark all button and then tap on the Save button
- After that, press the Update Now button
- Press on the Reset Update option and then choose the Get Updates option
- Once the upgrading process is completed, a pop-up will be seen as a successful Update
- After that, click the Alt+F4 keys+Esc to shut down QuickBooks Desktop
- Once you receive a pop-up to establish the upgrade, access the QuickBooks Desktop
- Tap to Yes option
- Once the upgrading is finished-up, resume your system.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 6000 832
Method – 5 Activate Windows System Checker File
- First of all, tap on the Start menu and then enter the command in the search box
- After that, the user must press Ctrl+Shift keys followed by tapping Enter key
- Once finished with that, a permission dialog box will appear where the user must tap on the Yes option
- Next, mention SFC/Scan now and then press Enter
- Users must wait till the system file checker finishes the scanning procedure
- Then, the process gets completed, and the user must follow on-screen prompts to troubleshoot the error.
Once you follow the above troubleshooting steps, you can rectify the QuickBooks error 80029c4a . To repair the problem quickly, you must call the QuickBooks helpline number to get some appropriate suggestions.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What does the QuickBooks Error 80029c4a signify?
A: The QuickBooks error 80029c4a indicates that a user is trying to open a company’s file and the software fails to open it. It may be due to when the user trying to open a damaged or corrupted file. This error is also known as a run-time error, and it happens due to various factors, and this error can be solved easily when the methods or steps are followed one by one.
2. How can I get this error solved apart from the above methods?
A: Yes, you can also solve this error through one more method i.e. performing a Windows Repair.
- First, click on the Windows button, on your keyboard.
- Then, click on the “Control Panel” option.
- Here search for the “Uninstall or change a program” option and click on that.
- From the list of the programs, select QuickBooks.
- Then, click on Uninstall / Change program.
- Then tap on the Repair button at the bottom.
- Once the repair process ends, click on the Finish option.
- At last, restart your computer and now the problem is solved.
3. Does updating the security software to the latest version can also help to solve the problem?
A: Yes, when the security software is updated to the latest version and simultaneously the program or component exceptions are added to it, then it leads to the solution of the error. Now, these are the steps to solve this through this method:
• First, update the antivirus or security software to the latest version available at that date.
• Then, as per your manual, add the programs or component exceptions.
• Now, run the QuickBooks desktop again and perform the same task again. At this stage, the error will be resolved.
4. Will QuickBooks work smoothly on windows 11?
A: You’ll be glad to hear that the QuickBooks Desktop is now 100% compatible with Windows 11. You can now easily access the QuickBooks from Windows 11. All of its features are available to access through Windows 11. Although, QuickBooks requires you to use Windows 11 natively and not through the emulator or a virtual environment.