How to Troubleshoot “QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a”?
Home > Blog > How to Troubleshoot “QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a”?
Post by : Admin Category: QuickBooks 06 Dec, 2021 Estimated read time: 05 Min
Several QB users have reported that they are receiving an error message, “QuickBooks error code 80029c4a loading type library or DLL can’t restore a dynamic link,” when they try to access their QuickBooks software. Discuss this problem and recognize the excellent solutions through this blog. QuickBooks 80029c4a error is an unexpected issue that primarily occurs when a user tries to access the QuickBooks company file. This problem is called a run-time error, and it happens due to various factors. Some reasons and troubleshooting steps are given below, through which you can resolve this problem. Suppose the problem has not been removed with these methods; you must call QuickBooks customer support number to get some appropriate tips.
Table of Contents
Symptoms Behind QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Let’s begin with the possible factors behind this problem.
Sluggish or slow Windows
Crashed windows program
System freezes for a few seconds
Your computer program regularly gets damaged with error 80029c4a
Slow response of Windows to a system mouse or keyboard input
During program establishment, this problem may appear.
Factors Behind QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
A few reasons are listed below, which are responsible for QuickBooks error 80029c4a.
Damaged, corrupted, or lost QB desktop files
When a user can’t access QB software due to a damaged QuickBooks company file
Many trojans file gets affected with corrupted QuickBooks desktop file
An infection in the Windows registry
An inaccurate establishment of QuickBooks Pro software
An error code 80029c4a happens during Windows start-up or shutdown during the establishment of the Windows operating system
QB components don’t begin appropriately, or DLL files are damaged or corrupted
Troubleshooting Procedures to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a
Some rectifying procedures are given below to troubleshoot QuickBooks error 80029c4a. Go through solutions carefully to rectify this problem. You must be danger-free or observe experts assistance; then, our certified team is present to help you 24/7.
Method -1 Upgrade Avast Program and Virus Definition
Firstly, look at the Antivirus definition and prepare all your programs to create an upgrade
Suppose you are utilizing another Antivirus program, then upgrade your antivirus first.
Do a right-click on the Avast icon
Choose upgrade option
Tap on a Program button and then move through prompts to update your Avast Program
Now, repeat the above steps one to three times and then select the Engine and Virus option.
Method – 2 Activate the Reboot.bat File
First of all, switch off your QuickBooks desktop
Now access the folder which you wish to reboot.bat File
Provide one right-click on the logo symboled as QuickBooks Desktop
Now, choose Properties
Do a single click on Access File Location
Do a right-click on the Reboot.bat and choose Run As System Administrator
Activate that you run reboot.bat as the Windows Administrator
It depends on the window folder optional settings file that observes as a bat, or reboot.bat
Don’t shut down the window that appears as manually. It will turn down when your reboot.bat File gets completed.
Finally, resume your system.
Method – 3 Confirm That Antivirus Program is Quarantined
A few Antivirus program accidentally prevents QuickBooks from restoring the significant files
Uninstall or Reinstall QuickBooks software in your system. It allows users to access your QB software successfully
Suppose you observe one of the programs listed in your quarantine, allow permission to move through your firewall.
Most of these files are established in C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks (Year)
Files with (x86) in the location like C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX are 64-bit versions
Before following the above steps, you must consult with a certified technical person for your antivirus program.
Method – 4 Upgrade Your QuickBooks Desktop
Firstly, the user is advised to reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
After that, upgrade QuickBooks desktop with the latest version
Move to the File menu and tap the Close Company or Log off option
After that, press on File and move to Exit
Confirm that you are using your system as System Administrator
Always remember that no company open option is present on your desktop screen
After that, move to the Help menu and then select the Update QuickBooks option
Choose Mark all button and then tap on the Save button
After that, press the Update Now button
Press on the Reset Update option and then choose the Get Updates option
Once the upgrading process is completed, a pop-up will be seen as a successful Update
After that, click the Alt+F4 keys+Esc to shut down QuickBooks Desktop
Once you receive a pop-up to establish the upgrade, access the QuickBooks Desktop
Tap to Yes option
Once the upgrading is finished-up, resume your system.
First of all, tap on the Start menu and then enter the command in the search box
After that, the user must press Ctrl+Shift keys followed by tapping Enter key
Once finished with that, a permission dialog box will appear where the user must tap on the Yes option
Next, mention SFC/Scannow and then press Enter
Users must wait till the system file checker finishes the scanning procedure
Then, the process gets completed, and the user must follow on-screen prompts to troubleshoot the error.
Once you follow the above troubleshooting steps, you can rectify the QuickBooks 80029c4a error. To repair the problem quickly, you must call the QuickBooks helpline number to get some appropriate suggestions.
1. What does the QuickBooks Error Code 80029c4a signify?
A: The QuickBooks error code 80029c4a indicates that a user is trying to open a company’s file and the software fails to open it. It may be due to when the user trying to open a damaged or corrupted file. This error is also known as a run-time error, and it happens due to various factors, and this error can be solved easily when the methods or steps are followed one by one.
2. How can I get this error solved apart from the above methods? A: Yes, you can also solve this error through one more method i.e. performing a Windows Repair.
• First, click on the Windows button, on your keyboard.
• Then, click on the “Control Panel” option.
• Here search for the “Uninstall or change a program” option and click on that.
• From the list of the programs, select QuickBooks.
• Then, click on Uninstall / Change program.
• Then tap on the Repair button at the bottom.
• Once the repair process ends, click on the Finish option.
• At last, restart your computer and now the problem is solved.
3. Does updating the security software to the latest version can also help to solve the problem? A: Yes, when the security software is updated to the latest version and simultaneously the program or component exceptions are added to it, then it leads to the solution of the error. Now, these are the steps to solve this through this method:
• First, update the antivirus or security software to the latest version available at that date.
• Then, as per your manual, add the programs or component exceptions.
• Now, run the QuickBooks desktop again and perform the same task again. At this stage, the error will be resolved.
4. Will QuickBooks work smoothly on windows 11? A: You’ll be glad to hear that the QuickBooks Desktop is now 100% compatible with Windows 11. You can now easily access the QuickBooks from Windows 11. All of its features are available to access through Windows 11. Although, QuickBooks requires you to use Windows 11 natively and not through the emulator or a virtual environment.
We are helping your business with everything. Starting from data recovery to manage your loans, we can do much more for you. Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. Our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized to resell and few specific products of intuit company.