QuickBooks Error 6144 82 is one of the common QuickBooks errors that mainly arise because of the wrong configuration settings in the system settings. This error usually arises when the user tries to open the QuickBooks desktop or a company’s file.
If you also face the QuickBooks error 6144 82, then you are at the right place. In this blog post, we will provide you with all the information about why the error arises and how to resolve it.
Table of Contents
What are the Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Before we directly jump on to the procedure of solving the error, first look at the possible reasons why the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
• When the QuickBooks company’s name is longer than 65 characters.
• The QuickBooks company file has been moved to another location.
• The Network Data (.ND) file is damaged or corrupted.
• The PC’s hard disk or RAM is damaged.
• When your system has been affected by malware or virus.
• When the Transaction Log File (TLG) is damaged or corrupted.
• Corruption or connectivity issues with the QuickBooks company files.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Here is the list of symptoms that the users can notice while using the QuickBooks error 6144 82.
• When your PC is frequently hanging.
• The QuickBooks desktop application is not opening.
• QuickBooks is not responding to new commands.
• Pop-up display message with error code 6144 82.
• PC’s window is running late or is not responding.
Important Points To Remember For Fixing QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Some of the facts you must keep before solving the QuickBooks error code 6144 82 are as follows.
• Make sure to carry the solution process on the server system.
• Clean the junk files in your PC through the disk clean-up option.
• Perform a complete scanning of your PC through antivirus software.
• Make sure not to use close the rest of the system.
• Use the updated version of system device drivers.
• Disable the background running antivirus software.
How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 6144 82?
Once you are cleared with all the possible reasons behind the error and the symptoms of the error, then moving ahead, let’s look at the solutions you can follow to fix the QuickBooks Error code 6144 82.
Solution 1. Fix the Windows Registry on your PC
If the windows registry gets damaged or corrupted due to the changes you made recently in the QuickBooks, then can be a reason behind the error. So, for fixing the windows registry on your PC, below are the steps you can follow to get the process done.
• First, on your PC, go to the windows start menu.
• After that, type “Command” in the search box.
• Now, press and hold the “Ctrl + Shift” keys together and then hit the enter button.
• This will now open a permission dialogue box on your screen. There, click on the “Yes” option.
• Moving ahead, a new black box with the blinking cursor will be open on your screen.
• After that, type “Regedit” in the search box and hit the enter button.
• Now, under the registry window, select the error 6144 82.
• Then click on the “File” menu option, and click on the “Export” option.
• The next step is to select the folder and location where you want to save the QuickBooks backup key.
• Then, provide a name to the folder, and under the “Export Range Box,” click on the “Selected Branch” option.
• After that, save all the updated changes you have implemented with the “.reg” file extension.
• At last, you will get the entire backup of the QuickBooks registry.
Now, try to perform the same task in which you face the QuickBooks error 6144 82. In case the error still exists, jump on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Rename the Network Data and Transaction Log File
Below are the steps you can follow to change the name of Network Data (.ND) and Transaction Log File (TLG).
• Begin the process by opening the QuickBooks desktop application.
• After that, press the F2 key on your keyboard.
• Moving ahead, select the folder where the company’s files are saved.
• Now, search there for the file with the “.nd” extension.
• Then right-click on the file’s name and add “.old” at the end of the name. So, the network data will now be named “.nd.old”.
• Similarly, rename the transaction log file to “.tlg.old”.
Once you are done with the above steps, re-login to your QuickBooks account and check if this method has helped you fix the QuickBooks error 6144 82 or is it still occurring.
Solution 3. Run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
QuickBooks file doctor tool is very helpful in fixing any errors related to the QuickBooks company’s file. For using the QuickBooks file doctor tool for solving the QuickBooks error 6144 82 are as follows.
• First, you have to download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub latest version (18.104.22.168) on your PC.
• Theron, open the downloaded file and follow the on-screen instructions to get the QuickBooks tool hub installed on your PC.
• Moving ahead, double-click on the tool icon to launch it.
• There after, click on the “Company File Issues” which is available at the left side of the screen.
• Then under the company file issues tab, click on the “Run QuickBooks File Doctor” tool option.
• This tool will start scanning all the QuickBooks company’s files and automatically repair the issues within the file.
• This process will take around 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your computer and internet speed.
Once the scanning process ends, then open the QuickBooks desktop application and check if the error has been resolved or not. If the error still exists, jump on to the next remedy.
Solution 4. Transfer the Company’s File to the Original QuickBooks Folder
The last step is to transfer the company’s file to the original QuickBooks folder, for which below mentioned are the steps you can follow to get the process done.
• First, run the QuickBooks desktop application on your PC.
• Then hit the F2 key on your keyboard.
• After that, note down the location of the company’s file, which you can check through the file information section.
• Now, go to the company’s file folder location and check if the company file is located there or not.
• If the company’s file is missing from the original company’s file folder location, then you have to move the file to that folder.
• For getting that done, type “.QBW” in the windows search box.
• Select that file and press the “Ctrl + C” keys together to copy the file.
• After that, again navigate to the company’s file folder and then paste the file here by pressing the “Ctrl + V” keys together.
After performing the above steps, try to open the QuickBooks company file, and at this stage, the QuickBooks error 6144 82 will be resolved.
So that’s all with today’s blog. This blog post has listed four quick solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks error 6144 82. You can easily follow the above mentioned solutions to resolve the error. In case you face any challenge or issue while performing the steps, or if you have any other query related to any of the QuickBooks errors, then feel free to reach out to us through the chat box, or you can also mail us your query at (email@example.com). Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to provide the best feasible solution for your query.
We are helping your business with everything. Starting from data recovery to manage your loans, we can do much more for you. Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. Our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized to resell and few specific products of intuit company.