QuickBooks is an excellent accounting software known for offering incredible accounting features. In addition, the program offers a subscription-based payroll service so that you can handle your payroll processes efficiently with the QuickBooks software. However, to get the latest tax rates, you need to keep your QuickBooks payroll service updated on a regular basis. When updating QuickBooks payroll, you may encounter QuickBooks error 15103 on your computer screen. The error can prevent the update process, and therefore, you need to resolve it as soon as possible. This post includes all you need to know about the error.
Regular updates are crucial for the smooth functioning of the QuickBooks application. All the known issues are fixed in a new maintenance release. Besides, you may access improved features by downloading the latest updates of the QuickBooks program. The same goes for the QuickBooks payroll service. You can get the most updated tax rates, which is crucial for accurate tax calculation and filing.
QuickBooks has a vast code base, which may sometime make it prone to technical glitches. However, the known issues are resolved with a new update. The updates are also known as the maintenance release or patch. To run the program in an error-free manner, it is wise to keep your QuickBooks program updated.
Payroll service in QuickBooks is a subscription-based service that enables users to handle their payroll processes with ease. This cloud-based software helps business owners pay their employees and calculate, file, and pay taxes. It also handles the employee’s benefits efficiently and prevents you from tax penalties.
QuickBooks Payroll error 15103 is related to the payroll service update. When you try to update your payroll tax tables, it gives an error message on your screen that says- The update program is damaged, or the update program cannot be opened. If you want to troubleshoot this error, you need to look for the possible reasons behind the problem. Suppressing the possible factors behind the error code 15103 can help you in the error resolution.
A problem can not be resolved without knowing its possible reasons, and the same applies to the QuickBooks error 15103 as well. Below are some of the most apparent reasons behind the error you need to know before getting started with the troubleshooting:
• Corruption in the downloaded file is a possible reason that can obstruct the QuickBooks payroll update.
• When users attempt to install the latest version of the QuickBooks application, the error message can crop up on your screen.
• When your Webroot antivirus application has Spy Sweeper, the error can take place any moment when updating QuickBooks.
QuickBooks Payroll update error 15103 can be determined by the below-given symptoms:
• The program running on Windows crashes all of a sudden.
• You may not be able to update your payroll tax tables.
• The Windows becomes sluggish and does not respond to the inputs.
Technical issues can be annoying, but trying the trial and error methods can take you to your wit’s end. They can kill your time and efforts in troubleshooting. It is wise to consider the preventive points before you start the fixation:
1: Log into QuickBooks As An Administrator
Insufficient admin permission is one of the most common reasons behind the error. Before you move ahead and start updating the QuickBooks Payroll service, make sure that you are logged in as an admin user. Use accurate login credentials and avoid typo errors when proceeding further with the solution.
2: Make Sure That You Have An Unshakable Internet Connection
You need a strong Internet connection to complete the payroll process. However, a weak connection can cause a hurdle in the update procedure. Below are the steps that can help you confirm that your Internet connection is stable:
• In the first place, check that Internet Explorer is your default browser.
• Also, the date and time settings are correct on your workstation.
• You also need to check your cipher strength.
• Now from within the Tools section, go to the Internet Options and Update settings.
Keeping your Internet connection in optimal shape, you may prevent yourself from being exposed to erroneous conditions.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 15222
QuickBooks Update Error 15103: Troubleshooting Solutions
Knowing the possible reasons and symptoms can guide your way through the error resolution. Below they are:
Solution 1: Make Sure That Your System Is Devoid Of the Skysweeper.exe
Check the presence of the Skysweeper.exe on your system and if found, delete it. Below are your steps:
• To begin with the procedure, press CTRL+Shift+Esc keys simultaneously, and it will open the Task Manager.
• Moving ahead, hit the Process tab and try to locate if there is SkySweeper.exe on your system.
• Once found, open Add/Remove Programs in the window and delete it.
• If not found, go to C: \ Program Files \Common Files\ Common Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooksxx\Components.
• Here, you may delete Sky Sweeper to fix the QuickBooks update error 15103.
Solution 2: Turn User Account Control Temporarily To Update QuickBooks Payroll Service
User Account Control on Windows prevents your PC from malicious virus or malware attacks. However, it may also obstruct an update process in QuickBooks due to security reasons. In such a scenario, you may disable UAC and finish the update procedure. To get the update done, follow the below-given steps:
• Click on your Windows Start menu and then type UAC in the area specified for the search.
• Next, click “Change User Account Control settings” and it will take you to the next step.
• When the next window appears, move the slider down to “Never Notify” here.
• In the end, click OK and then restart your computer.
If the QuickBooks Payroll error 15103 is still causing trouble, move to the next solution.
Solution 3: Clean Install QuickBooks To Eradicate QuickBooks Error Code 15103
If none of the above-listed solutions can troubleshoot the error, you need to check if clean install QuickBooks can help. It clears out all the corruption in the program and gets a fresh copy of the application. Below are the steps:
• Before you move ahead, save a backup of the company file to prevent any accidental data loss or damage.
• Thereafter, uninstall QuickBooks Desktop, giving an error when updating payroll service.
• Next, you need to download and install QuickBooks Tool Hub, which is home to all the important tools and utilities in the program.
• Once installed open QuickBooks Tool Hub and then select Installation Issues.
• The tool hub will open the clean install tool.
• Click OK to get the task accomplished.
If you are stuck with the QuickBooks error 15103, reading this full post can be a handy guide for you. It elaborates on the possible reasons, symptoms, and troubleshooting procedures. You can perform solutions on your own to get rid of the error instantly. Sometimes, you may not be able to get rid of the problem due to some technical hurdles. You don’t need to worry, as our QuickBooks chat and email channels are open for you to render the right help.
Troubling With Problems While Using QuickBooks? Ask your doubts directly to Our US based QuickBooks experts and get Answers. Contact Us