When you get an alert on your system that reads like ‘An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file, please try again,’ this means you need to be here. This message is to alert the user that there are facing QuickBooks error 6000 83. Not to be taken lightly, this issue can become the cause of many serious damages. It can create big problems in your company file as well as in your system.
QuickBooks is an invention of mankind. It is possible at times that it lags or encounters errors. Different issues have different causes and therefore need specific solutions for the same. It can become difficult for every user to know to troubleshoot every possible error code. This is why you have us. We are a team of experts who have their specialization when it comes to QuickBooks.
Today, we are here to provide you with a complete guide on error 6000 83. From symptoms to causes to solutions, find everything in this blog.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks Error 6000 83?
QuickBooks Error 6000 83 is a member of the QuickBooks Error 6000 series. This arises when there are issues while accessing the company file. This is why people also know it as a company file error. When a user tries to take a backup or restore his data file, this issue may arise. In addition to that,
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
To identify if your QuickBooks Desktop is irked with this error, here are the signs you need to look for:
• If a prompt window appears on your screen stating the issue repetitively
• When your PC starts lagging or runs at a slow speed
• Also, when the problem pop-up appears on your screen and the software shuts down
• Additionally, when your PC stops taking command from output devices, such as keyboard or mouse
• Finally, if your screen goes grey or black due to the glitch
Causes of QuickBooks Error 6000 83
If you are wondering why you are being troubled by this problem, then it could be because of various reasons. Here are a few of them:
• One of the basic reasons behind QuickBooks error 6000 83 is the missing company file
• Also, when you save your QuickBooks file on an external device rather than in your local storage
• Naming your backup file incorrectly can also trigger this problem in QuickBooks
• Additionally, if the support files you use to run the software are corrupt
• The problem is connecting QuickBooks with the server computer could be another reason
• Restrictions from anti-virus software also irk error 6000 83.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 83
Let us see what all methods are there for you to try in order to overcome this problem in your QuickBooks Desktop.
Method 1: Fix Windows Host File
To edit and optimize your host file, you need to go along a few sets of steps here:
Step 1: Set Up Linux Database Server Manager
• In order to start the configuration process, you need to make sure that in Initord.conf file, you specify the directory.
• Thereafter, reboot your QuickBooks Desktop solution app in the client Windows.
• Furthermore, once the reboot is done and you are back on, you need to ping the server.
• Finally, go to the host file and make the necessary changes there.
Step 2: Configure Host File
• Firstly, go to Local Drive C on your desktop and create a new folder there.
• Next, backup your data file yourself and remember to store it in the new folder only.
• After that, close the window and from the Start menu and locate CMD and open the command window.
• Thereafter, on the prompt window, type the server name along with Ping and click OK.
• From the next window, write down the IP Address and the Server Name somewhere. This is because you are going to need it further.
• Then, check all the host fie and ensure that the server name and IP address are on each match.
• Further, go to Local Drive C and look for System32 and ETC folders.
• Here, you need to open C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts.
• At the very bottom, add the server name and IP address, and finally, save the changes.
Step 3: Restore Company File
• To finish the process, you now only need to restore the company file.
• Head to QuickBooks Desktop homepage.
• After that, from the menu bar, click on File, and from the drop-down list, click on the Open or Restore Company option.
Method 2: Change Backup File Name
As mentioned above, naming your backup file incorrectly can also cause trouble. Here is how to resolve it.
• Initially, go to File Explorer on your desktop and click on the search bar.
• Here, look for the folder where you have your company file folder.
• Double tap on the same and right-click on the .qbb extension file.
• After that, from the list of options, select Rename and make the changes.
• Make sure you remove any unnecessary or special character from the name.
• Finish the process by hitting the Enter key.
Method 3: Generate Portable Company File
This is how you can create a portable QuickBooks company file to resolve QuickBooks error 6000 83.
• Firstly, run QuickBooks Desktop on your system as Admin.
• Now, from the upper left corner, select File, and a list of choices will scroll down.
• Here, you need to click on Create Copy and wait for the prompt window to open up.
• After that, you will see three different options to choose from.
• You now need to mark Portable Company File and eventually click on Next.
• Thereafter, name this new file. Take note that the name should be simple and unique.
• Furthermore, select the folder where you want to store the file.
• Lastly, select the Save button and then hit OK.
Method 4: Shut Down All QuickBooks Processes
If nothing from the above works for you, try closing all QuickBooks operations.
• Firstly, go to QuickBooks and log in as Admin.
• Now, open the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl, Shift, and Esc keys together.
• After that, in this window, go to the Details tab from the menu bar.
• Further, look for all the QuickBooks processes and highlight QBW3.exe, QBDDMgr.exe, and qbuupdate.exe files, and hit the End Task button at the bottom right.
• Finally, run QuickBooks Desktop and switch to multi-user mode.
Any issue with your company file can have some serious impacts on your system as well as the data files. One such problem is QuickBooks error 6000 83. If you also need to fix the same, here we have mentioned the solutions for the same. For any more assistance, get in touch with us via call or email, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
We are helping your business with everything. Starting from data recovery to manage your loans, we can do much more for you. Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. Our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized to resell and few specific products of intuit company.