QuickBooks Error 108 is a banking error that occurs when the user tries to check the online banking in QuickBooks self-employed and QuickBooks online versions. This error can also arise when the user tries to link the bank account and the credit card details and receives a new message from the bank to respond. Well, let’s move ahead and have a look at the reasons due to why the QuickBooks error 108 arises. So, you can stay tuned till the last word of the blog so that you can get this error resolved.
Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error 108
Here is the list of the possible reasons why a user may face the QuickBooks error 108.
• When you are entering the wrong login credentials, i.e., invalid username or wrong login password.
• Some connectivity issues with the bank server.
• When the bank is creating any messages which require the user’s action.
• In case when the user has installed different versions of the QuickBooks.
• The downloaded transactions have been deleted accidentally.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error Code 108?
If your system faces the QuickBooks error 108, you will be able to notice the below-mentioned symptoms.
• A pop-up window message appears on the screen with QuickBooks error code 108.
• When the users are facing problems opening the QuickBooks desktop.
• The PC’s windows are crashing simultaneously.
• When your system is not responding to the commands provided by the mouse and keyboard.
• The QuickBooks programs and files are damaged or corrupted.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error 108?
Now, let’s look at the tried and tested solutions you can easily follow to resolve the QuickBooks error code 108.
Solution 1. Turn Off The Pop-Up Blocker
The first solution that you can follow to fix the QuickBooks error 108 is to disable the pop-up blocker. Below are the steps you can easily follow to turn off the pop-up blocker settings on your PC.
• To disable the pop-up blockers, first of all, login to the QuickBooks online account..
• Thereon, click on the “File” menu option available at the top left of the screen. Then, click on the “Banking” option under the drop-down list.
• Following the above steps, click on the “Update” option on the banking page.
At last, once you are done with the above steps, then try to examine if the QuickBooks error 108 has been resolved or not. If you still face the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Check the New Notifications from the Financial Institution
Here are the steps you can easily follow to check the new notifications from the financial institution.
• First, open a compatible web browser and log in to your online banking account.
• Thereon, check out the new notifications provided by the bank, and if any notification requires action, then take the required actions immediately.
• Remove all notifications and log out from the online bank account.
• Moving ahead, log in to your QuickBooks online account.
• Then, click on the “Banking” option available on the top left side of the screen.
• Under the banking page, click on the “Update” option.
At last, try to perform the same steps again in which you face the QuickBooks error 108. If you still face the error, move on to the next solution.
Solution 3. Check the System Firewall Settings
The next recommended solution for solving the QuickBooks error code 108 is to examine the system firewall settings. For doing that, below are the steps you can easily follow to check and update the system firewall settings.
• Firstly, commence this process by logging into your PC in the windows administrator mode.
• At this stage, ensure you are using the latest version of QuickBooks.
• Moving ahead, check the firewall settings and make sure that QuickBooks has enough permissions to work smoothly.
• At last, make sure that the internet settings are correct and are working properly.
Once you have followed and checked the above points, examine if this method has helped you eliminate the QuickBooks error code 108 or if it is still present.
Solution 4. Download the New Updates for PC Windows
Using an outdated version of the PC’s windows can be a reason behind the occurrence of many unwanted software errors. Try keeping the windows updated to the latest version so QuickBooks can meet the requirements for operating smoothly on your PC.
Here are the steps that you can easily follow to download the new updates for PC windows.
• Firstly, go to the windows start menu by pressing the windows key on your keyboard.
• After that, type “Windows Settings” in the search box and then hit the enter button.
• It will then redirect you to the windows page.
• Thereon, click on the “Check for Updates” option.
• Now, it will start scanning for all the available updates.
• If you find any available updates, click on the “Download” option.
• This will commence the downloading process of the updates. Once the downloading process ends, click on the “Restart” option.
• Once your PC has been restarted, check whether the QuickBooks error code 108 has been resolved.
Solution 5. Update the Banking Information in QuickBooks Online
The next solution that can help to resolve the QuickBooks error 108 is to update the banking information in QuickBooks online. Here are the steps you can easily follow to update the banking information in QuickBooks online.
• First of all, log in to the QuickBooks online account, and there, click on the “Banking” tab option.
• Now, select the bank account and click on the pencil icon in front of the account name.
• At last, click on the “Edit Sign-in information” option and provide a new user id and login password for the online banking account.
Solution 6. Use the System File Checker
• First, navigate the windows start menu and type “Command” in the search box.
• Enter the enter button, redirecting you to the windows command settings.
• Thereon, press and hold the “Ctrl + Shift” keys together, and at the same time, press the “Enter” button.
• Then a pop-up message asking for permission will open on your screen.
• Click on the “Yes” option to permit, and then a black box with the blinking cursor will open on your screen.
• Under the black box, type “SFC/scannow” and press the enter button.
• After following the above steps, the “System File Checker” will commence the scanning process.
Once the scanning process, then tries to check if the QuickBooks error 108 has been resolved or not.
We hope you find this blog well. This blog post covered all the authentic and useful information about the QuickBooks error 108. Above, we have listed six different tried and tested solutions that you can easily follow to get the error resolved. In case you face any problem while performing the steps mentioned above, or if you have any other query related to the topic, then you can reach out to us through the chat box. You can also write us your query through mail at email@example.com. Our experienced and professional QuickBooks experts are available 24*7 at the help desk to attend to your query.