QuickBooks error 1706 appears in your System when there are some issues with QuickBooks Point of Sale installation. When a user enables their System, a POS installation error message comes on the screen that says:
“Error: 1706 No valid source could be found when opening Point of Sale.”
There are different other reasons behind Error 1706 as well that we have discussed in this blog. So, follow the blog to know the reasons and ways to fix the QuickBooks Error Code 1706.
Not able to rectify Error Code 1706 in QuickBooks? Dial @ +1-855-701-2729 and get expert advice to rectify the error immediately.
What are the Flaws that Promote QuickBooks Error 1706?
In this section of the article, we have mentioned all the common causes that can evoke QuickBooks Point of Sale Error 1706:
- Your Windows Registry is corrupted.
- Damaged installation of Point of Sale Software
- You are using the Beta version of Microsoft.net Framework 1.1 in the System.
- The firewall setting is creating hindrances while installing the Software.
- The Microsoft.net version you are using is incompatible.
- The source used to install QuickBooks Point of Sale is corrupted.
How to Identify QuickBooks Error 1706?
Now, let’s learn about the Signs and Symptoms that can inform you about the occurrence of QuickBooks Error Code 1706 in Point of Sale:
- The System is not accepting your Command.
- Your Windows starts crashing frequently.
- The Windows operating System freezes.
- QuickBooks Software is not responding properly.
What is the Basic System Requirement to Neglect QuickBooks Error Code 1706?
Now, let’s move ahead and learn about the system specification needed to avoid QuickBooks Error 1706.
- Your System must have a 4x CD ROM Drive.
- The RAM should be 51 MB or more.
- The processor must be 2.0 GHz.
- You have to provide an Active and stable Internet Connection.
- The System must have Internet Explorer 6.0 or later versions.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 6105
How to Rectify QuickBooks Error Code 1706?
Finally, after gathering all the information regarding QuickBooks POS error 1706, let’s move ahead and learn the steps to fix it effortlessly.
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Point Of Sale to its Newest version
In case you are using an outdated version of QuickBooks POS, it can evoke Error 1706 in your System. Thus updating it eliminates the error.
1. Initiate the process by reaching the Downloads and Update webpage drop-down option.
2. Now, in the product drop-down menu, select QuickBooks Point of Sale as a product.
3. Moving ahead, select your Edition and choose the Version or Year, and hit the Search tab.
4. Next, tap on the Get the latest updates link and Save the File.
5. Lastly, update QuickBooks POS and reboot your System as well.
Solution 2: Download the System File Checker Tool or Microsoft Fixit Tool
Alternatively, you can also download the System File Checker tool to eliminate the POS error.
1. Begin the process by hitting the Start button.
2. Thereafter, you have to write the Command Prompt in the given search box and hit the Enter button.
3. Now, right-click on the Command Prompt.
4. elect the Run as Admin button, and enter your Admin password as well.
5. In case you are using a system with Windows 11, 10, 8.1, or 8 OS, then run the DISM Tool before using the System File Checker tool.
6. Now, type SFC/Scannow in the command prompt window present on your screen, and hit the Enter key.
7. Moving ahead, the System File Checker Tool will scan and repair if there is any corruption in the System files.
8. Until the verification process is completed, the Command prompt window should not be closed.
Solution 3: Clear the Window Temp Folder
You can also root out the QuickBooks Error 1706 by clearing the Windows Temp Folder in your System.
1. At first, you have to open the Run Dialog box by clicking the Windows +Keys.
2. Thereon, Add %temp% in the field of concern.
3. Now, select all the specific folders, and delete them immediately.
4. In case you get an alert saying the folder is being used, then simply leave it as it is.
5. Finally, Open QuickBooks and check if the problem is resolved now.
Solution 4: Reinstall the QuickBooks Point of Sale
Unfortunately, if none of the above procedure work in your favor, then reinstall the Point of Sale Software and fix the error you are encountering.
1. Initially, download the QuickBooks Point of Sale in your System.
2. Now, open the file named POS executable file, and try to overwrite the extracted files that exist in your System.
3. Next, press the All Positive option, and provide the QuickBooks Passcode.
Note: The Passcode includes the License Number and Product Number.
Try to ignore giving space or gaps while providing the Passcode.
4. Moving ahead, select the mode that you have opted for installing and then use the QuickBooks POS software.
5. If you have used the Standalone system to install the QuickBooks POS, then you have to select Single user; else, choose the multi-user mode.
6. Lastly, restart the System, and review POS Software.
Still, Facing trouble in fixing QuickBooks Error Code 1706?
Here, we are concluding our blog. We hope you obtain the exact steps to fix your QuickBooks Error 1706. However, if the problem is still persistent, you can use the live chat option to consult a QuickBooks Professional and ask for his help. Apart from lie chat, you can also email your Queries at email@example.com.