QuickBooks error 15222 is a common error in the program that occurs when updating your payroll tax tables. QuickBooks is powerful accounting software that not only streamlines your accounting processes but also lets you handle your employee’s payroll.
However, to make the most of the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll services, make sure that you are working with the most recent version of the program and payroll tax table. When updating the payroll service in QuickBooks, you may encounter issues due to a myriad of factors.
Wondering how to deal with QuickBooks error 15222? Read this post to learn the causes, symptoms, and troubleshooting solutions to fix the error.
What is QuickBooks Error 15222?
QuickBooks error 15222 is a daunting error in the program that prevents users from downloading the latest payroll updates. This error code falls in the error code series 15XXX. Using an outdated version of the payroll service of the program itself can make you prone to multi-faceted issues. Speaking of its possible reasons, misconfigured browser setting is one of the most apparent reasons.
However, there are several other factors that can cause the error code 15222 to take place. The unsuccessful payroll update can affect the program and device as well. To get rid of the error, you need to look for its possible causes.
Possible Reasons Behind Encountering The QuickBooks Error Code 15222
QuickBooks error 15222 can take place due to various reasons. To download the updates, your device needs to be connected to a strong and stable Internet connection. If not, you can’t download the QuickBooks updates. Some other reasons behind the error are stated below:
• If you are using an outdated version of the QuickBooks application.
• Your security application prevents QuickBooks from accessing the Internet connection due to security reasons.
• When Internet Explorer, which is the best-supported browser for QuickBooks, is not your default browser.
• You need to log in as an admin to download the payroll updates. If not, you may not be able to accomplish the task.
• Incorrect date and time settings can also promote QuickBooks Desktop error 15222.
• When Internet Explorer fails to register digital signatures, the error can take place.
What Are The Symptoms of QuickBooks Update Error 15222?
The possible indications of the QuickBooks error 15222 are stated in the below-given list:
• The download process gets interrupted, and you may not be able to complete it.
• You may not be able to work with the updated version of the QuickBooks application.
• An active window freezes all of a sudden.
• The system performance gets sluggish.
• You will see an error message on the screen.
How To Troubleshoot QuickBooks Maintenance Release 15222?
After discussing the possible reasons behind the error, let’s proceed further and discuss its troubleshooting solutions. Here we go:
Solution 1: Install Digital Signature In IE Browser
Digital signatures are intended to verify the authenticity of a program. Missing the digital signature of QuickBooks can prevent the program from downloading the updates. In such a case, you need to install a digital signature by following the below-given steps:
• First things first, open Windows File Manager and write C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks in the specified area and click Enter.
• Now locate and right-click the QBW32.exe file in the QuickBooks folder.
• Next, you need to select the Properties from the drop-down list.
• Here, look for the list of digital signatures located underneath the Digital Signature tab.
• Moving ahead, click Details on the Intuit Inc Digital Signature.
• Thereafter, click the View Certificate option from under the Digital Signature Details window.
• Click the Install Certificate option from under the Certificate window.
• Once done, hit Next and then click Finish.
• In the end, restart your system and try to download the latest QuickBooks updates.
Here, you need to cross-examine if this solution worked on the error or not. Try the next solution if the desired result is not achieved.
Solution 2: Add QuickBooks Related Processes and Domains To The Exception List of Your Security Application
The update process gets hindered when your security applications suspect QuickBooks-related domains or processes to be a security threat. Adding QuickBooks domains and processes to the list of exceptions will prevent them from being obstructed. If you have an external Firewall as your security program, you need to add the following domains to the exceptions:
Once added, you may try to update QuickBooks to access its improved features.
Solution 3: Set Intuit’s Preferred Web Browser As Default
QuickBooks program uses Internet Explorer’s internet settings to connect to the network by default. If Internet Explorer is not configured as the default browser, the QuickBooks update process can be affected. To do so:
• Launch Internet Explorer in the first place and then go to the Tools section.
• Here, you need to select Internet Options.
• Once selected, click the Make Default option, which is located underneath the Programs tab.
• In the end, click OK and start the QuickBooks update process once again.
If you get QuickBooks error 15222 again, try the next method.
Solution 4: Run QuickBooks File Doctor, If Nothing Works
If you are still unable to download QuickBooks updates, fix common company files and network-related issues using QuickBooks File Doctor. Below are the steps:
• To run the File Doctor Tool, you need to download the QuickBooks Tool Hub in the first place.
• Once downloaded, install it by following the on-screen instructions.
• After installing the Tool Hub, open it and select Company File Issues.
• Thereafter, select Run QuickBooks File Doctor.
• The tool will now scan the file for possible issues and fix them.
• The time taken in this process may vary based on the size of your company file.
In a Nutshell!
The solutions discussed in this post are some of the most tried and tested solutions in eliminating the QuickBooks error 15222. If you need further help from experts, contact professional help for the error resolution.