All set up to download, install or update QuickBooks database server manager? But wait a sec? Do you know what it is and how to download it? If not, there is no need to worry. This blog will cover all the aspects of QuickBooks server manager that you are looking for. The QuickBooks database server manager offered by Intuit is the most demanding tool used to enhance the user experience. It provides an easy way for multi-user access.
Need Expert Advice for QuickBooks database server manager? Call @ +1-855-701-2729, & get immediate Assistance.
What is QuickBooks Database Server Manager?
QuickBooks database server manager is a utility tool that enables you to share your company files with others over your network. It is also known as a personal database management tool and allows its users to enjoy the multi-user mode with ease. The utility tool creates the file for the network and for the company so that they can be stored on the network. It creates multiple process versions in chronological order and ensures the proper functioning of the database service in the background. As the tool allows multiple user access, the absence of it impacts the work by restricting the use of the software.
The QuickBooks server manager performs the following activities:
- It allows the multi-user sharing of company files over the network.
- It scans the QB files and creates the .nd file (network data file) on the host system.
- It offers multiple versions of the process, but it does not offer the multiple version of the software.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Unexpected Error 5
What are the System Requirements for QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Before downloading the QB Database server manager, your system must fulfill the necessary requirements to have the QB database server manager. The requirements are as follows:
- Windows Operating System: Windows 7 or higher version having 64-bit.
- 4 GB RAM and 2.4GHz processor
- 2.5 GB Free space
- Dual-core processor
- Internet with high speed
Steps to Download QuickBooks Server Manager
In order to use the multi-use mode, the QuickBooks database server manager is compulsory. As the utility tool is part of the QuickBooks accounting software, it is mandatory to have the accounting tool first. In case you do not have it, you can download it from the official Intuit website.
Before knowing the installation process, it is necessary to understand the download procedure in order to avoid any mess. The downloading procedure is simple; just follow the below-mentioned steps to download the QuickBooks server manager.
- Go to the Intuit official website and start with downloading the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- Go to the downloads by pressing the ctrl +J keys together.
- Now click on the QuickBooksToolsHub.exe file and tap on the “yes” button to make the changes.
- Tap on the “Next” option to install the file and accept the license agreement to proceed further.
- Decide the installation type, custom, express, or network.
- If License Number is required, enter it.
- Go with the on-screen instructions to finish the procedure.
- Once the procedure is over, click on the “Finish” option.
- Double-click on the Intuit icon to open it.
- Choose the “QuickBooks Database server manager” option available under the Network issue tab..
- Once the process completes, give access to the user access to the company folder. QBDBSM will make a unique user for each installation by default.
Steps to Configure the Database Server Manager
The database server manager will be automatically configured to the default settings. However, if you do not want the configuration according to default settings, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Open the window start menu and type “services” in the search bar.
- In the services, choose “QuickBooksDBXX” and open it.
- Next, go to the general tab and check the service status section. Stop the services, in case it is running.
- From the drop-down menu pick the automatic option.
- Next, choose the “Logon” tab and pick the local system account.
- Click on the recovery tab and opt for restarting the services from each of the drop-down menus.
- Now, go to the general tab and pick the start tab.
- Opt for the restart option and restart the database server manager.
Steps To Set Up QuickBooks Database Server Manager
If you do not want the default settings, you can set up the QuickBooks database server manager on the server system. Here, the server means the host computer which will host the company files.
The steps to install the QuickBooks Database Server Manager on the host computer are as follows:
- Configure the firewalls manually. It will help the QBDBSM to run on the server system.
- Click on the start menus and open the Windows firewall.
- In the Windows firewalls, go to the advanced settings.
- Now right-click on the inbound rules and pick the new rules.
- Pick the port and click on the “Next” button.
- Please check that TCP is selected. Enter the specific port numbers in the local ports,
- click the “next” button, followed by clicking on allow the connections.
- Keep clicking on the “next” button and mark all the profiles.
- Finally, create the rules and give them a name.
- Tap on the “Finish” button, once the process is completed.
Steps to Update the QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Updates are periodically released, and it is advisable to update the QuickBooks database server manager for hassle-free work. In general, database server managers are updated automatically along with the QuickBooks desktop. However, if you wish to update it manually, just follow the below-mentioned simple steps.
- Go to the official Intuit website and download the recommended patch for the database server manager. Ensure you have downloaded the correct patch, as the computer and the server must have the same patch.
- Install the updated patch.
- Reboot the system once the installation is finished.
- The following message will appear on the screen “The QuickBooks need to update your company files” after updating the server.
- Please make a back of the data as the update changes the database server.
- Follow the onscreen instructions. Once you have completed taking a backup, you can open the file.
Read Also: How to Fix QuickBooks Error 80070057
A database is an effective tool that allows the multi-user mode. However, downloading, setting up, and updating the QuickBooks database server manager is a bit confusing task. This article tries to explain the complete step-by-step procedure for the same. We hope that it clears all your doubts and you will be able to complete the task. Are you facing any other difficulty in QuickBooks, do let us know, we will try to rectify it for you as soon as possible. Read our other blogs also and keep yourself updated.