Reset QuickBooks Password – QuickBooks Software is a one-stop store for all your accounting and bookkeeping needs. This has two major versions, Desktop and Online, for users to choose from. You can, in fact, make use of QuickBooks on an individual basis or turn on its multi-user mode to work with a team. In order to work on the software, you need to generate an account with an ID and a strong password.
If you create the ID as the administrator, then the password is provided to you by the software itself. With a spike in the cybercrime count, it is necessary that you reset QuickBooks password. One might also require this service if one forgets their passwords. Again, resetting the password might help you restore it.
If you are wondering how you can make this change for the admin as well as the other members, this blog post is for you. Go ahead and give it a good read to know the automated as well as manual ways of restoring your QuickBooks login credentials.
Remember These Points When You Reset QuickBooks Password
Before we dive into the entire procedure of restoring your password, there are a few things that you must remember. The following can be of great help when you move further and create a new passcode.
- First, make sure that the Caps Lock is off while you try to put in your password. This can be a reason why you might not be able to log in.
- If this is not the issue, then you need to meet the criteria set by QuickBooks while going for a new one.
- The password you create must have at least 7 characters, including a minimum of one numerical value.
- Again, even when you are coming up with a new security login passcode, ensure that the Num Lock and the Caps Locks keys are off.
- Try not to create a password with your personal details. This can impact the complexity of the same, making it easy to hack.
- Also, there must be no space anywhere in your password.
- For admin accounts, Intuit lets its users leave the password space blank. However, it does not recommend people to do so for safety reasons.
- Make sure that you reset your password at some intervals. This way, you can maintain the safety and security of all your information.
Things You Need To Reset QuickBooks Password
Here is a list of information that you must have in your hand when you are restoring your QuickBooks Desktop password.
• First, you need your email ID in order to work on the passcode.
• Second, it is a must to have your 15-digit QuickBooks license number.
• Thereafter, you also need to have the registered zip code of the software.
• Also, keep the phone with the registered business phone number with you.
• You also require the full name of the authorized person.
Steps to Reset QuickBooks Password
As mentioned earlier, QuickBooks users can rest their password either manually by using automated tools. Let us talk about each of them and get into the various methods to do so.
Prior to getting your hands deep into the manual process, here are a couple of tools that can help you restore and generate a new QuickBooks password automatically.
Use Automated Password Reset Tool
Intuit came up with this tool when it saw the everyday count of people who recover their passwords. This is how you can use it:
- First of all, you need to head to the official site of Intuit on your web browser.
- This is where you can download the latest version of QuickBooks Automated Password Reset Tool.
- Once you download it, install the application by following the on-screen instructions.
- Thereafter, on this window, you will see a few empty fields for you to fill.
- Entering all the asked details will eventually help you with the process.
- After you put in the details, click on the Next button and hit Yes to the License Agreement.
- Furthermore, give it a couple of minutes to finish the downloading process, and you will then receive a security token via email from Intuit.
- Thereafter, note the token and enter it on the Reset tab.
- Moving ahead, you will need to select the QuickBooks version you are working with and the company file you are resetting the password for.
- Finally, create the password and hit on the Reset button.
Run QuickBooks Password Recovery Tool
You can also use QuickBooks Password Recovery Tool as an alternative here.
- Initially, open your company data file on your desktop.
- Next, on the login window, click on I Forgot My Password.”
- Eventually, you will have to answer the security question. This is something that you already have set in the past.
- You will then land on the Password Removed window.
- Lastly, all you need to do is follow the guided steps on your screen, and you will have your new password.
Now, let us take a look at the manual ways to reset QuickBooks password. Here, you will have to separately restore the passcode for the admin and the other users.
Admin Password Reset
You do not need the user ID to recover your QuickBooks admin password. All you must know is the Administrator’s name.
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and go to the login window.
- Here, hit the I Forgot My Password option and move forward to the subsequent page.
- Thereafter, Intuit will display some email IDs on your screen. This is where you need to make sure you select the correct one.
- Going forward, open the email address you choose, and you will find a reset token email from Intuit.
- Finally, copy that token and enter it on the software window and reset the password with the steps ahead on your screen.
Resetting Other User Password
QuickBooks only provide password reset rights to the admin. So, if a user needs password recovery, the administrator can perform the following steps to do so:
- First, you need to open QuickBooks Desktop on your desktop and log into your admin account.
- Next, go to the Menu bar and look for the Company option.
- Select the same, and a vertical list of options will open up before you.
- Thereafter, you need to click on the Set Up Users and Passwords to further open another list.
- Hit the Set Up Users option here. You will again need to enter your admin login ID and password for security reasons.
- After that, from the list of all other users, choose the one you need to reset QuickBooks password for.
- Select Edit User and then head to New Password.
- Generate the same and hit Finish to save the changes.
QuickBooks holds all your financial information that needs utmost security. This is why QuickBooks requires an ID and password to access any company file. Now, if you forget that, then you will definitely not be able to resume your work. This is when the admin needs to reset QuickBooks password for himself as well as the other users. This blog discussed the same. Here we answered how one could generate a new password.
However, one other method that you can go for is by seeking help from a professional. In case you are in search of the same, you can get in touch with QuickBooks Support team whenever you need. Our team of experts is available over a phone call, live chat, as well as via email. Just send in your query, and we will make sure that we leave no stone unturned while assisting you.