QuickBooks error PS077 is an annoying issue in the program that can crop up when updating QuickBooks payroll service or the payroll tax tables. QuickBooks is definitely one of the most preferred accounting programs that enable small to mid-sized businesses to handle their business accounting efficiently.
However, being a software program, it is not untouched by bugs and glitches. When running an update for the QuickBooks Payroll service or the application itself, you can get QuickBooks error code PS077. You need to troubleshoot the error as soon as possible by listing the possible errors and troubleshooting them one after the another. Not sure where to begin and how to proceed? Fret not! Read this full post to get relevant solutions.
“Unable to activate the latest patch for the QuickBooks Payroll service? Get it done by contacting our experts @ +1-855-701-2729.”
About QuickBooks Payroll Update Error Message PS077
When running updates for the QuickBooks Payroll service, you may see a warning message popping up abruptly on your screen. The error message reads –
Error PS077 When Downloading Payroll Updates
Here’s how you can rectify the problem:
Verify your QB license by signing into your Intuit account and downloading the latest QuickBooks version.”
This error message depicts that the ongoing update process is interrupted due to some possible reasons, and it is high time to implement the troubleshooting procedures for it. In addition, the error message box also encloses the suggested resolution method. In the course of the error resolution, listing the possible reasons is the numero uno step.
What Evokes Error PS077 When Updating QuickBooks?
There is a myriad of factors that can interfere with the ongoing update process. The below-given list explains some of the most apparent reasons behind the error:
- Missing or damaged QuickBooks components, which are crucial in accomplishing a smooth update process.
- When QuickBooks is not registered, it brings forth the error PS077 in QuickBooks.
- Incorrect billing information is also one of the possible reasons behind the arrival of the error.
- Damage in the QuickBooks company file hinders the ongoing update process, causing QuickBooks error PS077.
- Make sure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription, as you may not update payroll tax tables without an active subscription.
- The damaged or incomplete installation of the QuickBooks software can also be an agent for QuickBooks Desktop Error PS077.
Recent Post – QuickBooks Subscription Has Lapsed
How To Identify The Presence Of QuickBooks Payroll Error PS077?
If you want to ascertain that the QuickBooks error PS037 has occurred, look for the below-given signs:
- Your efforts to download the payroll update patches will be failed.
- An error message will appear on your screen depicting the situation.
- The tax table update will be hindered due to QuickBooks payroll update error PS077.
- QuickBooks hangs or freezes and stops you from proceeding any further with the update process.
- The sluggish response of your computer towards the entered inputs.
- You will be forced to troubleshoot the QuickBooks error code PS077.
Important Points You Need To Stick To Before Troubleshooting
There are a few crucial points that need to be considered before you start the troubleshooting procedure. Follow the list:
- Before moving ahead, you need to make sure that you have an active QuickBooks payroll subscription.
- Also, ensure that the latest QuickBooks update patch is installed on your system.
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to safeguard your crucial accounting data against loss or damage.
- Enter your billing information with the utmost attention; otherwise, your human error will cause a program error in QuickBooks, known as error code PS077.
- You also need to check if various instances of QuickBooks are not installed on your computer.
After confirming with these pointers, you can proceed further to conquer the persisting error code.
Troubleshooting For QuickBooks Payroll Service Related Error PS077
After discussing some essential points about the error, we can now proceed further to eliminate the QuickBooks error PS077. Implement the below-explained solutions carefully:
Solution – 1: Download QuickBooks & Latest Updates For Payroll Tax Tables
If you are using a single instance of QuickBooks application and have a damaged/corrupt tax table file, then this solution will be applicable to you:
- In the first place, you need to expand the existing installation of the program.
- Thereafter, navigate to the Help menu and choose Update QuickBooks.
- Moving ahead, you are recommended to reset the QuickBooks Update.
- In addition to that, also download the latest payroll tax tables.
- Sort the list to Utilities and then Verify Data and Rebuild utility.
- Now perform a clean installation of the QuickBooks application in selective start-up mode.
- In the end, update the tax table.
If the error message PS077 appears again, try the next solution for the error resolution.
Solution – 2: Check If Turning Off the User Account Control Setting Helps
User Account Control can restrict the update procedure of an application. Therefore, turning it off when updating QuickBooks software can support the process. Follow the below-given steps:
• On your Desktop, go to the Start menu and check the list of All Programs to open the Control Panel.
• When the Control Panel opens, type UAC and hit the Enter button.
• After that, look for the option Change User Account Settings, and once spotted, select it.
• Now, confirm the selection and change the position of the slider to Never Notify, and it will turn UAC off.
• If you are prompted to enter the admin credentials, enter the accurate username and password.
• Now launch QuickBooks again and try to update the payroll service again.
Solution – 3: Run QuickBooks Desktop Rebuild Data Utility
If the second solution didn’t bring any luck to the troubleshooting of QuickBooks error PS077, you need to run the rebuild data utility in the program. This utility repairs the data damage issues identified by the Verify Data utility. Implement the following steps:
• To open the utility, you need to launch the QuickBooks application in the first place.
• Once done, go to the File menu and select Utilities from the drop-down list.
• Thereafter, click Verify Data option from the list so that it can check the data file for possible damage or corruption.
• If the corruption in the data is detected, you need to run Rebuild Utility to repair the data.
• Navigate to the utility menu as above, and select Rebuild Data Utility.
• Let this utility complete the job and run Verify Data utility again to confirm that the damage is repaired.
Solution – 4: Repair QuickBooks Desktop Application
Updating payroll service can be an intimidating task with a damaged QuickBooks Desktop application. In such a scenario, you need to repair the program by following the below-given steps:
• Launch Control Panel using the Start menu.
• Next, choose the option labeled Programs and Features, then Uninstall a program.
• Here, you will get the option to remove or change the list of the programs that appear on your screen.
• Here, choose QuickBooks and then hit Uninstall/ Change.
• Now click the Continue button and then Next.
• Again, click Repair and then Next.
Wait for the repair process to complete.
The troubleshooting solutions discussed in this post can help you troubleshoot QuickBooks error PS077. On having trouble with these procedures, you can connect with QuickBooks specialists and get help with the error resolution.