Most often, the users might encounter QuickBooks Error Code 401 when the system detects unauthorized access into the application. Also, it might occur due to an interruption with your internet network connection. Every time the error occurs, it reflects the following error message indicating:
“The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
Request is Unauthorized.
Do you want to login again.”
This error code can be easily handled by following the resolution methods explained in this post.
Facing issues while accessing company files due to QuickBooks Error Code 401? Call us at +1-855-701-2729 and consult with our experts to get instant help.
Instances When You Get QuickBooks Error 401
There are certain instances when the users might encounter QuickBooks Error Code 401. Read the below-listed pointers attentively to get a better understanding about all such causes.
1. When you try logging to your company file or accountant toolbox.
2. It might occur while sending an invoice through QuickBooks Payments.
3. In other instances, it may appear while registering during the QuickBooks installation.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Desktop Error 15107
Quick Tips to Resolve QuickBooks Error 401
If you ever come across QuickBooks Error Code 401, you will be displayed with an error message. Once you see the error message, you have to follow the simple resolution to overcome the issue.
• Initially, you must choose the No option and exit from the error message window.
Other resolution steps to deal with QuickBooks Error 401 are listed below.
Step No 1: Setting Up of Automatic Updates :-
You can set up the automatic updates for updating QuickBooks to the newly released version. The automatic updates will save your precious time and ensure timely updates. Follow the stepwise instructions listed below to set up automatic updates.
• Firstly, move to the Help menu and then opt for the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
• Next, select the Update Now tab and mark the checkbox of Reset Updates. Later on, removes all the previous updates downloads.
• Begin the download process by tapping on the Get Updates option.
• Relaunch the software and tap on Yes to get the latest updates installed.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error H202
Step No 2: Scheduling For Future Automatic Updates:-
Here, we have discussed some simple instructions implementing which you can easily schedule future automatic updates.
• In the initial stage, move to the Help menu and then go to the update QuickBooks Desktop option.
• After this, look for the Option tab and click Yes to switch to automatic updates.
• You are recommended to share automatic downloads to the different systems on the network.
• Then, hit the Yes option for every design and select the Close option.
Step No 3: Update the QuickBooks Desktop Manually
Apart from the automatic update process, there is also the option of manually updating. If you wish to upgrade the software manually, perform the steps the same way as written below.
1. Firstly, you must shut down QuickBooks and the company file.
2. Afterwards, hit the Start menu and then search for QuickBooks Desktop. Later on, right-click on the QBDT icon and opt for the Run as Administrator option.
3. Then, move to the Help menu on the No Company Open Screen and then hit the Update QuickBooks Desktop option.
4. After this, navigate to the Options tab and mark the checkbox of Reset Update.
5. Next, opt for the Get Updates option.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 7149
Summing It Up!!
We assure you that the solutions explained in this post will help you deal with the QuickBooks Error Code 401. If you are still experiencing the same error continuously, you must talk to our experts through live chat. Alternatively, drop an email and get a simple resolution to your query within the shortest time applicable.