Buffer Overflow Exception usually occurs when an application attempts to save more than the specified information range on the memory block. On the occurrence of the QuickBooks BEX Error, you might receive the following error message on your computer screen stating:
“QuickBooks has stopped working. Windows can check online for a solution to the problem.”
As a result, this error might be harmful as it may cause damage to your QuickBooks files. In this post, we will discuss several factors that might lead to QuickBooks BEX Errors and the solutions to fix them instantly.
Looking for expert’s help to resolve QuickBooks BEX error? Reach out to experts by dialing +1-855-701-2729 and resolve your issues quickly.
Reasons Why Do Users Experience QuickBooks BEX Error
We understand that it becomes quite frustrating for the users when they encounter issues while accessing QuickBooks, such as QuickBooks BEX error. But, it becomes easier to get it fixed once you know the exact cause that might lead to this issue. Therefore, to make it easier for you, we have provided the list of all the factors that evoke this error, which are as follows.
1. Sometimes, it might evoke due to impartiality or damage in the QuickBooks Desktop installation.
2. Another reason may be damage in the QBWUSER.INi file.
3. The QuickBooks process may be affected by the hindrance of third-party applications.
4. In other instances, it might evoke while accessing the version of the Windows operating system.
Also Read – Resolve QuickBooks Error Code 1317
Key Facts That You Know Before Fixing QuickBooks BEX Error
Before going ahead to troubleshooting, look at some of these essential points. Doing so will help you to fix the issue instantly.
1. Verify that you have kept the name of the data file having less than 35 characters.
2. It has been suggested to access the upgraded version of the QBDT application.
3. Get rid of the installation issues by running the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool.
4. Switch off the antivirus application if it generates issues while accessing the QuickBooks application.
Quick Solutions To Deal With QuickBooks BEX Error Quickly
After understanding the root causes, it is crucial to use the correct resolution methods to resolve your issue. To help you with that, below we have given some of the verified solutions you can use to get rid of the QuickBooks BEX Error instantly.
Also Read – Troubleshoot QuickBooks Payroll Error 15203
Solution 1: Change the QuickBooks User File Name
Sometimes, the users might end up with QuickBooks BEX Error due to a damaged or missing QBWUSER.INi file. To fix the issue, change the name of the file by applying the steps as given below.
1. In the initial phase, tap on the Start menu and launch the Windows File Manager.
2. After this, look for the QuickBooks folder that you will obtain within the C: drive > Users > [user name] > AppData > Local > Intuit > QuickBooks.
3. Next, locate and right-click on the file named QBWUSER.INI file.
4. Furthermore, tap on the Rename option and add .OLD at the end of the file name.
5. After making all the mandatory changes save it and try to open QuickBooks to verify if the error is resolved.
Solution 2: Download and Install the Latest Version of Windows Updates
At times, users might encounter QuickBooks BEX Error while using an outdated version of Windows. Therefore, to get over the issue, you must install the upgraded version of Windows by implementing the steps listed below.
1. Press the Windows + R keys to launch the Run Window in the initial stage.
2. After this, insert “Control Panel” within the search field and hit Enter to proceed further.
3. Now, you must tap on Windows Update from the Control Panel. Launch it and hit the Check For Updates option.
4. Next, you must get all the latest Windows updates and select the Install Now option.
5. Once you get all the Windows updates on your device, relaunch your device and try to install the QuickBooks Desktop again.
Also Read – Debug QuickBooks Payroll Error 30159
Solution 3: Operate the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool To Fix BEX Error
1. In the first place, get the latest version of QuickBooks Tool Hub on your device.
2. Once downloaded, find the file named downloaded.exe file within the downloads folder.
3. After this, you can run the Tool Hub and insert the necessary credentials.
4. Open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and opt for the Installation Issues followed by QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
5. Thereafter, the Install Diagnostic Tool will initiate the diagnosis process and resolve if there are any installation issues.
6. Relaunch your device and then open the QuickBooks Desktop again to see whether the issue persists.
Solution 4: Configure The Microsoft Components Manually
As stated above, issues with Microsoft Components like MSXML, .NETFramework and C++ might create QuickBooks BEX Error. Therefore, to resolve the issue, you must repair it manually by applying the following steps.
1. Begin the process by tapping the Start menu and moving toward the Control Panel.
2. Afterwards, hover your cursor over the Programs and Features tab.
3. Following this, go to Uninstall a program tab and then hit the Windows Features option.
4. Then, you are supposed to choose the .NETFramework 3.5 and enable the same.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 1646
Process for Repairing MSXML files
1. In the beginning, click on the Windows menu and insert ‘cmd” within the search field.
2. Ensure that you launch the Command Prompt window using the proper admin rights. Right-click on the cmd and select the “Run as administrator” option.
3. Now, in the Command Prompt window, you must type “cd\windows\syswow64”.
4. In the next window, insert the “regsvr32 MSXML6.dll” and hit Enter.
Wrapping It Up!!
Hopefully, we assure that you can easily overcome QuickBooks BEX Error by following the resolution methods explained above. If you still receive the same issue and need immediate help, consult our professionals via live chat. Alternatively, drop a message to our experts regarding your issue and get a proper solution within no time applicable.