QuickBooks Error H202 is a multi-user connection error that arises when the user tries to access a company file stored in another workstation. This error can also occur when the user tries to switch to the multi-user mode. The Error code H202 arises with a pop-up display message as:
Table of Contents
Possible Reasons Behind QuickBooks Error H202
Let’s understand the possible reasons why the QuickBooks error H202 error arises.
• Wrong Hosting Configuration Settings
• When the DNS settings are wrong or incorrect.
• The firewall settings are blocking the communication gap between incoming and outgoing channels.
• The network data (.ND) file is damaged or corrupted.
• When the QuickBooksDBXX and QBCFMonitor are missing from the host computer.
• General issues with the QuickBooks database server manager.
Ways To Identify QuickBooks Error H202?
If you are facing the QuickBooks error code H202, then you may be able to see the symptoms, which are as follows.
• Not able to switch to the multi-user mode in QuickBooks.
• Your PC is working slow or is hanging.
• Not able to open the company’s file in a different workstation.
• A pop-up display message on your screen with QuickBooks error H202.
• QuickBooks stops working, or the screen turns blank.
Quick Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H202?
For fixing the QuickBooks error code H202, below are the steps you can easily follow to resolve the error.
Solution 1. Solve Network Issues with QuickBooks Database Server Manager
Here are the steps you can follow to repair the network issues related to the QuickBooks database server manager on your PC.
• First, download the latest version of the QuickBooks tool hub from the official website of Intuit.
• Once the downloading ends, double-click on the downloaded folder and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
• Now, double-click on the tool icon to open it.
• After that, click on the “Network Issues” option available under the menu list.
• There, click on the “QuickBooks Database Server Manager” option.
• Moving ahead, click on the “Start Scan” option and select your company’s file through the “Browse” option.
• Now, again click on the “Start Scan” option.
• Thereon, the scanning process will start on your screen.
• Once the scanning process ends, click on the “Close” option to exit the tool.
• After that, open the QuickBooks desktop application and try to switch to the multi-user mode.
If you still face the QuickBooks error H202, jump on to the next solution.
Solution 2. Check the Services on your Host Computer
Below are the steps you can follow to ensure that the QuickBooks services are working without any problems.
• First, run the windows run command by pressing the “Ctrl + R” keys together.
• Now, type “services.msc” in the search box and click on the “OK” option.
• After that, search and select the “QuickBooksDBXX” option under the list of services, where the “XX” stands for QuickBooks version year.
• Thereon, make sure that the startup type for this option has been selected as “Automatic.”
• Now, change the service status to either running or started mode.
• Next, tap on the recovery button option for the first, second, and subsequent failure options and select the “Restart the Service” option.
• After that, click on the “Apply” button to save the updated changes and click on the “OK” option.
• Once you’re done with the above steps, then perform these steps again for “QBCFMonitorService.”
• At last, access the QuickBooks desktop from all the workstations and turn on the multi-user mode.
If you are still not able to switch to the multi-user mode, then don’t panic and follow the next solution.
Solution 3. Configure the PC’s Firewall Settings
The firewall settings in your PC may sometimes disable the QuickBooks to connect to the Server for sharing data. In that case, the QuickBooks error H202 can also arise. So, below listed are the steps that you can follow to configure the PC’s firewall settings on your PC.
• At first, create exceptions for QuickBooks in the system firewall in settings.
• Make the necessary changes in your PC’s firewall settings and install the QuickBooks in all workstations.
• Then click on the “File” menu option, followed by a click on the “Switch to Multi-User Mode” option.
If you are still unable to switch to the multi-user mode, try the next solution.
Solution 4. Locate the Windows Host File and Add it to Server
For locating the windows host file and adding it to the Server, here are the steps you can follow to get it done.
• First of all, close the QuickBooks desktop application.
• Thereon, on your Server, navigate to this location > C:\ Windows\ System32\ Drivers\ Etc or C:\ Windows\ Syswow64\ Drivers\ Etc.
• After that, double-click on the host file and select the notepad from the list of the programs.
• Now, type the IP address and the name of the computer. You can use the “Tab” key to separate the computer name and IP address.
Once you are done with the above steps, examine whether the QuickBooks error H202 has been resolved.
Solution 5. Create a New Folder for the QuickBooks (QBW) File
The next solution for resolving the error is creating a new folder for the QuickBooks file. For that, below are the steps you can follow to complete the process.
• Firstly, create a new folder on your server computer.
• Then share the folder and set up folder and windows access permissions to share the company’s files.
• After that, copy the QuickBooks Database (QBW) file to the new folder.
• At last, open the company’s file in multi-user mode.
Solution 6. Delete and Create a New Network Data (.ND) File
If the network data file is damaged or corrupted, you must recreate a new file so that the error can be resolved. So, here are the steps that you can follow to delete the old file and create a new one .ND file.
• Go to the windows start menu and type “*.ND” in the search box.
• After that, hit the enter button.
• Now, right-click on the “.ND” file under the results window and click on the “Delete” option.
• After that, a new confirmation window will open for your acceptance. There, click on the “OK” option.
• Now, again go to the windows start menu and navigate to the “All Programs”> “QuickBooks”> “QuickBooks Database Server Manager.”
• Then click on the “Scan Folder” tab option and select the “Add Folder” option.
• Now, browse to the location where the company’s file is saved.
• Then click on the “OK” option to select the company’s file.
• Click on the “Scan” option to start scanning the files.
• At last, once the scanning process ends, then click on the “Close” option.
So, that’s all with today’s blog. This blog post has six solutions you can follow to resolve the QuickBooks Error Code H202. You can easily perform the steps mentioned above to get the error resolved. If you have any queries related to the topic, then we suggest you reach out to the official team of QuickBooks. You can also reach out to us to talk with our experts.
We are helping your business with everything. Starting from data recovery to manage your loans, we can do much more for you. Rapid Resolved is a renowned firm which dedicatedly delivers its services to its customers to positively improve their work productivity. Our team is fully certified by intuit and authorized to resell and few specific products of intuit company.