We know it is frustrating for users when they end up with QuickBooks Error 121. This error indicates a glitch when you try to sign into your System as an admin. It mainly appears when you are doing some activity in QuickBooks that requires admin credentials. Whenever you face this error, a message will appear on your screen, that states:
“QuickBooks POS Error 121 denied you do not have permission to select from timeouts.”
Now, to learn more about QuickBooks POS Error 121, continue reading this blog.
Need a professional to guide you with QuickBooks Error Code 121? Dial @ +1-855-701-2729 and get the required assistance immediately.
How can you Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error 121?
In this section, we have provided all the ways that you can use to rectify QuickBooks Error Code 121, so let’s start the discussion now.
1st Way: Exit all the POS Processes & Services
In case you are using conflicting POS Services or processes, it can end up with QuickBooks Error 121. Thus to rectify this error, you first have to exit all these processes and services.
1. Begin the process by going to Task Manager.
2. Thereafter, click on it, and find the POS Processes and services.
3. Now, highlight those Processes and hit on the End Process Button.
4. Moving ahead, close the Task Manager process window, and go to the Windows Start option.
5. Thereafter, head to the Search Box and type services.msc, and hit enter.
6. Now, a new folder will open in which you have to search for the QBPOS Database Manager XX file.
Note: Here, XX refers to the Version of QuickBooks that you are using.
7. Lastly, end the services and exit Service Window.
Also Read: How to Resolve QuickBooks Error 106
2nd Way: Delete the WSActivity Files
Now, if the first method doesn’t work for you, try to eliminate Error 121 in QuickBooks by deleting the WSActivity Files.
1. Initially, you have to view all the hidden folders in your System.
2. Thereafter, you have to access the location of the files based on the Operating System. We have provided ways for Windows 8, 7, and Vista OS.
3. For Windows 8:
C:\Program Data\Intuit\Entitlement Client\v8.0.
4. In the case of Windows 7:
5. For Windows XP:
6. Select all the files present in the folder.
7. Now tap on the Delete option.
8. Thereon, once you are done with the above steps, head towards the following location,
C:\ Program Data\Intuit\QuickBooks Point of Sale XX.0.
9. After that, you have to open the INI Folder and delete the WSActivity file.
10. Lastly, Re-access the POS, and complete the entire registration and installation of the update.
At the end of this blog, we assure you that by following the mentioned steps, you can resolve QuickBooks Error 121 effortlessly. However, if you find any difficulties while following the steps given above, or you need any additional help regarding QuickBooks Error 121, get in touch with our QuickBooks Professional through the Live Chat option (Help Box). Our professionals are available around-a -the clock to help you, so feel free to contact us anytime according to your convenience and needs.