Hundreds of thousands of Americans use QuickBooks on an everyday basis for personal as well as company operations. Simply put, this software is used to manage all your finances and budgeting. Business owners even prepare the checks on this application.
With the help of QuickBooks, you can prepare as many checks as you want, whenever you need them. Once you have the soft copies ready, you can then go ahead and print checks in QuickBooks. The cherry on the cake is that you can print each check separately or in a lot, whatever suits you.
In addition to that, since QuickBooks has two versions, Desktop and Online, this makes it more feasible for you.
Setting Up your Printer
Before you get into the check printing process of QuickBooks, it is important to connect your system to your printer.
- To initiate the printer setup, you need to go to QuickBooks Desktop and log into your account.
- Following that, choose the File option available at the top left of the homepage of your account.
- There, you will find the Printer Setup tab. Click on that.
- Next, click on the Form Name tab and then choose Check/Paycheck from the list available on your screen.
- Moving ahead, under check style, choose Vouchers.
- Now, from the right side of the same window, click on Align and change the vertical and horizontal settings.
- Later, hit OK to save the alignment setting edits.
- Lastly, click on Print Sample and see if you are happy with the outcome.
- If not, you can go back to the Align option and make edits again.
Write Checks in QuickBooks Desktop
If you do not have the list of checks ready in advance, you can write a check with the help of the below-mentioned steps:
- Firstly, open the Write Checks window from the Banking tab available on the home page of QuickBooks Desktop.
- Once you do that, you will find an empty Check Form on your screen.
- You need to fill in every entry carefully to issue the check.
- First, go to Bank Account and select the one that you want to make the payment with.
- Next, locate the Print icon and tick mark the Print Later option.
- The third step here is to enter the name of the person/company you are writing the check for.
- Eventually, the software will automatically fill in his address from the existing database.
- Thereafter, move to the Date field and choose the date of issuing the check.
- Also, put in the payable amount in the space underneath it.
- Finally, hit Save & Close or Save & New if you want to add more bills to the list.
Various Methods to Print Checks in QuickBooks Desktop
Before you go ahead and start printing your checks, you first need to prepare them in the application. There are different options within the software that a user can work on to print single or multiple checks.
In order to get one check at a time, you need to head to the Write Checks tab. However, for multiple checks, there is an entirely different process.
Method 1: To Print Individual Checks
If you need to write a single check, there exists a Write Check option. You can access it with the help of the following steps:
- First of all, you need to run QuickBooks on your system.
- Once you are on the home screen, go to the Menu bar and look for the Banking tab and click on it.
- A list of options will scroll down before you. Here, select Write Checks and wait for the window to open up.
- Thereafter, locate the check that you want to get a hard copy of.
- Furthermore, in the empty fields, fill in your check number and hit the Print button.
- Remember to choose an option among Wallet, Voucher, and Standard, as per your requirements.
- Next, select your printer model from the list and go ahead with the printing process.
Method 2: To Print Multiple Checks
In case you have due checks, and you need the prints of all of them, then here is what you need to do:
- From the home tab of your QuickBooks account, go to the menu and check out the options under the Banking tab.
- There, look for Write Checks and hit the same.
- Once you do that, you will see the Print icon in the top middle of your screen.
- Here, you have to mark the Print Later option.
- Moving forward, close this particular tab and click on File from the menu bar of the homepage.
- Select Print Forms from the available choices and eventually pick either Check/Paycheck.
- Thereafter, you need to select your bank account, and the software will display all the written checks on your screen.
- Now, mark the ones that you need to print and enter the Check Number of the first one.
- Hit OK, and QuickBooks will ask you to choose the style in which you want the print.
- You can mark Wallet, Standard, or Voucher as per your needs.
- Finally, click on your printer’s name and finish off the process by hitting the Print button.
Read also our Latest Blog How to Print Pay Stubs in QuickBooks Desktop?
Write and Print Checks in QuickBooks Online
Let us take you through the process of Printing Checks in QuickBooks Desktop:
- The first step here is to locate the list of checks that is to be paid.
- For that, open QuickBooks Desktop on your PC and go to the Vendors tab. This is located on the menu bar of the application.
- Now, from the drop-down list, choose Pay Bills, and you will land on a new window.
- Going forward, choose Show All Bills option from the top of the page, and you will have all due bills before you.
- Thereafter, mark the ones that you are ready to print.
- In addition to that, also fill in the entries under the Payment heading.
- You will here need the Date, Method, and Amount.
- Also, select the To Be Printer option.
- Finally, hit the blue-colored Pay Selected Bills button.
- In the following window, you will see your Payment Summary.
- QuickBooks here offers you three different choices.
- Pay More Bills: Click on that if you want to add more checks to the lot.
- Print Checks: If you are satisfied with the invoice, hit it.
- Done: Click on this button to get the final printouts.
- After you have the hard copies in your hand, QuickBooks will show a prompt window on your screen, checking on the print quality.
- If all your checks are exactly how you wanted, then mark Yes.
- In case you want to reprint some checks, select that and enter the check number you want to start with.
- If you want to print the entire batch again, mark No.
- Finally, hit the Done button, and you are good to go.
Issuing a check in QuickBooks is a simple process and does not require much effort. However, the steps involved in this process depend if you are a Desktop user or an Online user. No matter which version you use, this piece of content has it all.
Here, you must have found how to set up a printer, the process of writing a check, and how to get the prints. In case you have any further questions, you can reach out to QuickBooks Enterprise Support over a call or through email. We will be happy to serve you!