QuickBooks Error 6175 arises when the user tries to access the company file in multi-user mode. Misconfigured multi-user settings are also one of the reasons that might lead to this error. Every time the users confront the error, the following error message comes into view indicating:
“An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact Intuit® and provide them with the following error code: (-6175,0)”.
As a result, this error stops the users from accessing their data files, leading to delays in their ongoing business tasks. Therefore, it is crucial to figure out QuickBooks Error 6175 to safeguard your company data and get access to your company file.
Having trouble while fixing QuickBooks Error 6175? Ring us at @ +1-855-701-2729 and have a one-to-one conversation with our experts to avail quick assistance for this error.
QuickBooks Error 6175 is a company file error that mainly occurs when the users fail to access their data file. It could happen when the company file location is changed. Apart from this, there are plenty of other reasons that might evoke this error, which is as follows:
1. Sometimes, it may occur when Windows Firewall interrupts the users from accessing the data file stored on the server.
2. Another reason may be the misconfiguration of the multi-user settings.
3. It might evoke when QuickBooks Database Service is in an inactive state.
4. You might experience this error when the server that shares the data file with other workstations in the network isn’t responding.
Also Read – Fix the QuickBooks Unexpected Error C=184
Here we have listed some common signs and symptoms that will help you spot Error Code 6175 in QuickBooks.
1. You won’t be able to access your company file, and it will throw QuickBooks 6175 error on your computer screen.
2. This issue can be recognized when the QuickBooks Desktop application begins to freeze.
3. As a consequence of this error, your operating system starts freezing or not responding.
4. There might be the possibility that QuickBooks Database Service didn’t start appropriately.
Before proceeding further to troubleshooting, you must know some key points below.
1. It is essential to login to Windows using the correct administrative credentials.
2. The QuickBooks Desktop installed on the server will be upgraded to the newly launched version.
3. Make sure you are well-connected with a reliable and good internet connection.
Now, let’s move ahead to the troubleshooting part to tackle QuickBooks Error 6175.
Sometimes, the users might get QuickBooks Error 6175 when important services like QBDataServiceUser lack admin rights. Therefore, you must give proper admin rights to use the service appropriately to fix the issue.
1. Before moving ahead, close the QuickBooks application if it’s already open on your device.
2. Afterwards, launch the Control Panel by typing “Control Panel” within the search column of the Start menu.
3. Next, head towards the User Accounts option and select the Manage Another Account option.
4. Now, look for the QBDataServiceUser (QuickBooks Version) and double-tap on it to open.
5. Soon after this, hit the Change Account Type followed by the Administrator option.
6. Finally, open the QuickBooks company file and verify whether you still receive the same error.
Also Read – Fix QuickBooks Error 6000 832
QuickBooks multi-user mode is a feature that allows users to access the same company file multiple users at the same time. However, to set up a multi-user environment in QuickBooks, it is essential to turn on the multi-user mode on the server to fix the error.
1. Firstly, open QuickBooks Desktop and tap on the File tab in QuickBooks Desktop.
2. Soon after this, tap on the Yes option from the Hosting Setup window.
3. Now, hit the OK button on the Multi-User Setup Information window.
4. Following this, hover your cursor over the Setup Users option and Passwords beneath the Company tab.
5. Finally, enter the relevant details required to access the company file and verify whether the issue is resolved.
1. Primarily, you must download the latest version of the QuickBooks File Doctor tool from Intuit’s official website.
2. Go to the Download’s folder and double-tap on the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file to initiate the installation.
3. If the application doesn’t start automatically, double tap on the shortcut icon of QB Tool Hub from the desktop.
4. Afterwards, move to the Company File Issues tab, followed by QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to open it.
5. Next, hit the Browse button to look for the company file. If you get the file, tap on the Open button to open it.
6. Now, hover your cursor over Both file damage and network connectivity option.
7. If the application needs an administrator password, input the password correctly and hit the Next key.
8. Moreover, if you are troubleshooting on the server, choose the HOST/ Server; otherwise, hit the Workstation option.
1. In the beginning, tap on the Start menu and input “msc” within the search column.
2. Now, look for the QuickBooksDBXX service from the list of options available and right-click on it.
3. Then, select the Properties option and hit the Log On tab.
4. Afterwards, hit on the Radio button and click Next to proceed to the next step.
5. You are supposed to tap on Apply option followed by the OK option.
6. Finally, move to the multi-user mode again and verify whether the issue persists.
Hopefully, we assure you that this post regarding QuickBooks Error 6175 will help you resolve the error. If you require additional help, you can communicate with our QuickBooks highly-skilled professionals through the live chat facility for a quick resolution.
Troubling With Problems While Using QuickBooks? Ask your doubts directly to Our US based QuickBooks experts and get Answers. Contact Us