QuickBooks web connector error is a common error in the QuickBooks Desktop that takes place when you utilize this utility to connect your apps to the program. QuickBooks allows seamless integration with third-party applications. QuickBooks Web Connector is an important utility developed by Microsoft that facilitates the integration of third-party applications to the QuickBooks program. When it experiences an error, you may not be able to utilize the features of third-party software from within QuickBooks. Read this post until the end to know more about the QuickBooks web connector error.
About QuickBooks Web Connector Tool
QuickBooks Web Connector is devised by Microsoft Windows that helps QuickBooks to get information from third-party web applications. Besides, it is used for several other purposes as well, such as:
- Sharing XML files from QuickBooks with other applications.
- Establishing two-way communication between QuickBooks and other web applications.
- Automating schedules between third-party applications and QuickBooks.
All versions of the QuickBooks Desktop that are supported by QuickBooks Software Development Kit (SDK) support the Web Connector.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 15241
QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped Working: Error Description
QuickBooks Web Connector is an important utility that facilitates QuickBooks. There are several reasons that can bring forth an error message on your screen that says –
QuickBooks Web Connector has Stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Please close the program.
The error message does not contain any error code like the other QuickBooks error messages. This error is closely related to the use of an outdated version of the QuickBooks web connector. When the error occurs, you need to dig out the possible reasons and troubleshoot them using the steps discussed in this post. Some main instances related to QBWC error are stated in the below-given list:
- QBWC1005: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run
- QBWC1006: QuickBooks Web Connector failed to run
- QBWC1007, 1008 or 1009: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks
- QBWC1011: Application named [Application Name] does not exist in the registry
- QBWC1012: Authentication failed due to the following error message. The server was unable to process the request.
- QBWC1016: No application was selected for update
- QBWC1018: No application available to select at this time
- QBWC1019: No application available to un-select at this time
- QBWC1020: There are scheduled jobs. Web Connector will not be able to run these jobs if you exit
- QBWC1022, 1023, or 1024: An error occurred when connecting to QuickBooks
Primary Reasons Behind the Arrival of QuickBooks Web Connector Error
QuickBooks web connector stops working when not configured properly on Windows. It is an independent tool. Apart from this, several other reasons can also evoke web connector errors in QuickBooks. Check the below-given list:
- An outdated version of the QuickBooks Web Connector.
- Insufficient Admin rights on Windows can also evoke the error.
- Web connector might be using a missing log file.
- Improperly installed QBWC Tool can prevent its smooth functioning.
Solutions to Eradicate QuickBooks Web Connector Not Working Issue
Knowing the possible reasons behind the error makes the troubleshooting process a cakewalk. Below are some effective solutions you may try to resolve the QuickBooks web connector error.
Method 1: Create New Users with Full Admin Rights
Now that we know, insufficient admin privilege is one of the main reasons behind the error, creating a new user with full administrative rights can resolve the problem. In the first place, you need to create a new user account in Windows. Once the new user is created, perform the below-given steps:
- Go to the Account Type and then select Administrator.
- After your selection, hit the OK button.
- Now try to run QuickBooks Web Connector efficiently with the new administrator rights.
Method 2: Uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector after Uninstalling
An improperly installed QuickBooks Web Connector can also give an error when using it for the tool integration in QuickBooks. In such a case, uninstalling and reinstalling the QBWC tool can help you in fixing the problem. Check the below-given steps:
- On your keyboard, press Windows + R keys together.
- After that, enter Control Panel in the Run box, and hit OK.
- Next, click on Uninstall a program.
- From the list of the installed programs, select Web Connector from the list and click Uninstall.
- Alternatively, you can also search for the QBW connector folder manually in C Drive.
- Delete it once found.
- Moving ahead, download the QuickBooks Web Connector installer and save the folder to a suitable location on your computer.
- Unzip the installation folder from its location.
- Finally, run the .exe file and follow the on-screen prompts to get the task accomplished.
Method 3: Set Permissions for Log File on Windows
QuickBooks web connector error can take place when it is not configured properly on Windows. To set is right:
- Go to and right-click on the log files you want to configure permissions for.
- Next, click the Properties and then click the Security tab located on the top.
- Now click on Edit and then locate Permissions for dialogue box labelled as <Object>.
- Finally, click the name of the group or user, and then checkmark the box for Allow.
It will resolve the QuickBooks web connector stopped working error.
Hopefully, you have resolved your web connector error in QuickBooks by using the solutions described in this post. If you had any difficulty in performing the steps, stop then and there and Get in touch with us to get assisted with the error resolution. Our adept technicians will guide you through the simple troubleshooting solutions for QuickBooks Web Connector error.